prologue (00)

eddie hated living in the neilbolt house. him and his mother shared the house with a couple named adrian and don, and this old man who lived in the small attic. the short freckled boy was staring out the kitchen window, it was covered in rain. "can i go for a bike ride mom?" he had asked. sonia was sitting at the table. she was writing a shopping list. "sure."

she obviously wasn't paying much attention. it was raining. wet. and cold. she normally would have said no, and given him a huge speech about how he would get sick and die. he rolled his eyes and walked for the front door. he slipped on his shinny yellow rain boots and grabbed his matching raincoat and walked outside. eddie hated derry, mostly the weather. it always seemed to be rainy or just a sky full of clouds. 

his bike was parked against the stairs. he hopped onto it and began to peddle. it probably wasn't such a smart idea to be doing this in boots but he was willing to risk it. eddie didn't have a clue where he was going. he just kept peddling. the bike was on an edge that went very far down. what if i just biked off? is it high enough that i wouldn't make it?  it was. but eddie wasn't interested in that. more of a thought for safety. 

he was biking through a forest of thin trees with weird leaves-they looked like they were square-and an odd coloured bark. after a little time, he had reached a cleared area. in the middle was some almost balloon like red rubber scattered around in a circle. he looked around and saw some wood planks coming from the top of the hill. eddie heard screaming coming from up there, but before he knew it a boy was skateboarding down on the wood. he almost ran into eddie. 

"didn't know there was such a cute boy in town." the boy had said. he seemed to be around six feet tall. eddie was only 5'2. he had long curly hair and freckles that covered his face. and piercing blue eyes. "hi, i'm richie."

"um," eddie was startled. "eddie."

"well nice to meet you eds."

"don't call me that you ass."

"i would get off of that if i were you." richie said motioning towards the circle of popped balloons. eddie quickly got off. "i think its some sort of well."

"cool." eddie didn't find it cool.

richie laughed. he grabbed a random nearby stick and tried to scrap off some mud. a little handle was revealed. richie grabbed it and pulled it. most of the mud just popped off. a large red symbol was on the top of the wooden lid. "y'wanna hop in?" richie asked as he opened up the weird lid. eddie leaned over to get a better look and almost slipped in.  "they say it goes down for a hundred meters, so i wouldn't try to go it."

"i wasn't trying." eddie snapped. "ok then don't not try to go in."

"do you ever shut up?" eddie yelled. richie was taken aback. 

"just trying to be friendly." richie looked down at his feet. "well, maybe i'll see you around. bye eds."

"don't call me that."

--

richie with blue eyes is the best richie end of story.

alsooo did y'all enjoy that lmaoo. it was kinda short but once this gets to like the aCtuAL part they'll get longer. anywho, ya hoe's back hurts cause i've been slouching while writing this so bye-

-caylin :3