(02)

sonia appeared from around the stairs. "eddie-bear, what was that about?"

"uh, nothing mommy." eddie said, he tried to hide the box behind him. she saw the box and rolled her eyes.

"okay whatever sweetie." she said, letting eddie go upstairs.

+++

sitting on his bed eddie slowly opened the box, unsure of what might happen. maybe it was a dumb prank that richie was gonna pull. eddie opened the lid slowly leaning back preparing for some sort of spray or goo to fly at him. but nothing came.

all that was there was a doll. a doll that looked just like him. "well, uh," he closed the box. "weird." he got up off of his bed, carrying the box under his arm. 

eddie walked to where richie's skate ramp was. "RICHIE GET YOUR FUCKING ASS DOWN HERE!" eddie screamed, he was confused. how the hell did he have a doll that looked just like him? and now richie's girlfriend knew about him. richie probably said something about how rude he was. and honestly, eddie was only rude because he was nervous about the tall beautiful giant. 

eddie was sitting down on a tree stump. it had been a few minutes and thought maybe richie wasn't in a rush to see what eddie was going to say. 

"eds?" richie asked, he popped out from behind a tree. "i would calm down. or you're gonna lose that beautiful voice of yours." he winked. 

"richie," he was kinda surprised, he had glasses on now. "you wear glasses?" they were big thin round frames. they looked like harry potter glasses, but larger. 

"yeah, i'm kinda blind." he laughed, adjusting his glasses. "but here's where this gets interesting. these are my special event glasses. like for school or some sort of special dinner my mom drags me to. my normal ones are ugly and coke bottle looking." his hair blew in the wind and he jogged down some hidden stairs in the hill. once he was down-he was looking down at eddie, their height difference was kind of funny-he smiled. "so eds, whatcha call me down here for?" richie's eyebrows wiggled, he adjusting his glasses again.

"this." the shorter one opened the box and grabbed the doll from the leg and dangled it. "where did you find it?" 

"uh me and bev found it on my stairs." 

"so this isn't yours?"

"nope."

"what about your girlfriend?"

"bev? she's not my girlfriend." richie said, eyes widening.

"mhm, sure." eddie winked and began to walk away. "next time you go skating, i hope you fall down the hill babe." eddie isn't normally joking or throwing around 'babe' but richie wiggled his eyebrows and that seemed kinda flirty to eddie. 

"thanks eds." richie said, walking the other direction. "wait," he turned around, so did eddie. "if we are on the level of babe, is the next level fu-"

"i will kick you, you ass." eddie screamed picking up a stick and throwing it at richie. it hit him right in the head.

"nice aim." richie smirked and left. eddie was standing there-doll in hand-with a dark shade of red plastered on his checks. 

+++

when eddie got home, he placed the doll by his bed. there was a wooden chair that had been painted-the paint was practically all gone, or soon to be gone because of chipping-probably a hundred years ago. when it was placed it sunk down, the button eyes staring straight at eddie. "creepy." he said, turning away. 

it seemed that every step eddie took was creating a massive creek noise. "no sneaking out in this house huh." he laughed. 

"what was that?" sonia called from her office.

"oh nothing, just trying to entertain myself." he twirled for a few seconds, but then started to feel sick. 

creek. creek. creek. 

"ugh, eddie could you please do something quieter." sonia groaned walked out of her office. "eddie-bear. you wanna do something fun? go count all the creeks in the floor, go count the window, the doors and even the walls. but please. be. quiet." she gave him a pen and a pad of paper. it was a pale yellow, eddie's favourite colour. 

it had been about 20 minutes and he was at about 32 windows, 14 doors, and 127 floor creeks. he was now in the living room. it was a large room and only one couch and a chair with old leather that reeked of cows. when sonia and frank had gotten engaged, they bought an apartment in new york city. that chair had been left there and frank meant to get rid of it. he never got to it. and when he did a few months ago, sonia couldn't find it in herself to do what he meant to do. it was weird how it still smelt like cows 17 years after they had bought the apartment. 

there was a large bookshelf with different tokens from an arcade. frank collected them. they all seemed the same to sonia but frank insisted they were different sizes and had special designs for each city. so there were piles of tokens, shelves and shelves just full of dumb pieces of metal. but there was a small indent in the wall behind the shelf. it was partially exposed but just enough to perk eddie's interest. 

he put the pen and pad down on the cow chair and grabbed the side of the shelf and tugged at the shelf. he couldn't really move it.