Chapter 3 ~ Faith

"Get out with your hands up!!" one of the officers yelled while pointing their gun at me. I was shaking so nervously. The right thing to do was just get out of the car and not say anything. "Get on the ground and don't move!" Tears fall from my face. I looked at Sincere. He seemed worried and shocked. Is he going to rat me out? No, he had my back in high school a couple of times. He wouldn't. I watched him as he rushed to pick up the gun and place it in his pocket. My Miranda Rights were read to me as the officers picked me up from the ground and escorted me to one of their police cars. I smiled at Sincere as they took me away.

At the police station, they asked me numerous questions. "Miss Jessica, what happened?" "I didn't do anything. I don't know why I'm here!" "We need you to calm down, relax, and take deep breaths. Why did one of the neighbors say you had a gun? They mentioned you were pointing it at someone?" "I..." before I could confess. My dad bussed in. "We're done here!!" "Hey! She still needs to answer some questions." "No, she doesn't! Is she under arrest? Ask your supervisor the questions first before you interrogate my daughter! I'll contact a lawyer."
My dad looked at me with disappointment and said "Get up, let's go!!" I couldn't believe my eyes. Is it over with? My dad looks pissed so he must've heard what happened. On the way back home, my dad hadn't said a word to me in the car. "Thank you, dad...I'm sorry" He glanced at me and shook his head. When we got to the house, my dad handed me back my phone. He grabbed a bottle of wine from the cabinet and went upstairs without saying one word. Sincere called me 30 minutes ago. I ran upstairs to my room and shut the door. I called him back."Hey, Sincere!" I said attempting to sound calm. "Hey, Jessica.. you okay? I'm sorry for what happened earlier. I wasn't trying to make you mad. I can't believe you pulled a gun on me!" He laughed. "Listen, I love you Sincere, I do... it's just I can't believe you would sleep with another woman! Especially, when I was waiting for you to get out of jail!" "Look, come over and we'll talk it out. I promise." "Okay, I'll be right over. That bitch better not be over there!" I said. "No, she not" he laughs. Sincere hangs up.
        "Dad! I'll be right back!" "NO! you are not going back to that boy's house!" "But Dad!...." I cried. "But nothing! I can't believe you, Jessica. We talked about this before! Look at you! You are beautiful, you are unique! I raised you better!" "I am sorry Dad.. But, I love him." "Baby I know you do, but you have your whole life ahead of you. You let one boy manipulate you? A boy that doesn't care about you?" " You wouldn't understand. That's why mom left you! It's your fault that she never came back!" There was an awkward silence as he gazed into my eyes. "You are grounded for a whole month!" "GROUNDED! No dad, please! I'm sorry!" "Go up to your room and give me the keys to your car!" "Ughhhh. I hate it here!!!!" I screamed. I went to my room grabbed my keys and gave it to my dad.

I called Sincere to tell him I couldn't come to his house. He understood why my dad did what he did. I spent hours scrolling on TikTok. However, no messages, no calls, and no notifications. I decided to go to the library to pick up new books to read while I was grounded.  "Dad, may I go to the library to pick up new books to read?" I said wishing he'd say yes. "Alright, here are your keys. Make sure you have your location on!" "Okay. Okay, Dad."

  I arrived at the library and glanced through all the books in the science fiction area. This fine-ass brown-skinned man was coming towards me. Omg, what do I do? "Hey, I'm Robert, I saw you from afar and you looked mighty scrumptious," he said with a smile. "Thank you, but that was lame. Do you say that to all the females you step to?" I giggled. " Haha, no. But it won't hurt if I tried"
       "What's a fine girl like you doing at the library?" "Well, what do you mean? I can't come to the library and look at books?"  He laughed then said "I was just kidding...I mean only about the library. You are fine! Just the library thing." I can tell he was nervous. "You okay?" I laughed. "Yeah, I'm messing it up, am I?" "No, you're cute, I like it," "I wanna get to know you? Are you busy? Do you want to sit down at a table?"  "Sure, we can sit"
      We sat down at a table in the back of the library. I wanted to be in the far back because I had this gut feeling Sincere was going to walk in on me. Robert and I got to talking and getting to know each other. We sat for hours just laughing and showing interest in each other. 
     It was just beginning to hit 8:00 when Sincere walked in. How did he know that I was here? When he saw me, he walked towards me. "Can we go?" I whispered .