Chapter 47: Cool Ryan

"I'm Kazumi, and I come from the future."

The whole place turned silent for a minute. Leo and DepressedRyan were surprised, while Shesmu's face turned livid.

"Kazumi, they're not part of the game. What you said could have been misunderstood."

Shesmu came closer to Kazumi and whispered.

"If you dare say another word, I'll find you anywhere and kill you. Just laugh and say my bad, it was a joke. Understood?"

Shesmu's serious voice frightened Kazumi. He didn't understand what he did wrong, but he knew that if he didn't comply, he might really die.

"Haha, it was a joke, guys. My bad, my bad."

While Kazumi was trying to save his life, Amaterasu looked at him for a second before she clicked her tongue. This didn't escape Shesmu's attention. She definitely told Kazumi something for him to blow out his cover like that. Did I kill her parents or something?!

However, Shesmu knew that it wasn't the time to confront her about this. Leo and DepressedRyan were still here watching, and the later even held his chin and started pondering. Shesmu had to act fast so as to make him forget about the encounter.

"Guys, guys. Time is of essence, we need to continue clearing the stage to stay ahead of the curve. That way, we minimize the chance of staying in the same group as the disguised monster."

"Yeah, I was about to say that. Let's get moving," Leo added.

DepressedRyan was still pondering when Shesmu's question snapped him back.

"Ryan, what are you thinking about?"

"Oh, sorry, I spaced out." He then paused for a second before continuing, "Hey, guys, how much time has passed?"

"Huh? You mean in game?" Shesmu responded.

"Yeah."

"Well, just check your character tab, there is the time shown at the very bottom. It says 6.00 am here, but I'm guessing that's game time. We met at around four in the evening, so fourteen hours have passed."

"Fourteen hours of game time. If we convert that into real life time that gives us... an hour and a half. We played for so long, but only an hour has passed. How crazy is that?"

"Tha-that's insane. Only an hour and a half. Holy, I'm a bit tired already from gaming. The times ten conversion rate is out of this world!" Leo exclaimed.

"Yeah. Well, the beta only lasts for one-day in real life, so it's not as if we're going to spend a year of game time just in the beta. This whole thing is just a publicity stunt to make people spread the word, they won't make it last for too long," explained Shesmu.

"Yeah, makes sense. Well, at the very least this gives us hard grinders the ability to compete with the rich boys with their mom and dad's credit card. Alright, it's decided, once the game goes live, we'll go for the top spots in the leaderboards. This time, we'll be the first to clear a dungeon."

DepressedRyan was beyond excited about what to come. Having Shesmu in the team, and him becoming much better and understanding more of the game mechanics by the hour, gave him confidence that they will be able to do something big.

"Sure, but forget about dungeons. Any leaderboard that exists we will engrave our name on. I won't accept anything less than that from my guild."

"Of course! If we cannot even do that with everything you taught us, we should just find a bridge to jump from!" Leo exclaimed.