High five

"This blows

"This blows." Alex krave sat down beside me at the lunch table.

"Getting your ass kicked?" Yang asked, also sitting down.

It was weird. I'm new here also, don't know anybody, but they're treating me like I've been here longer than the mercy westers.

"Shut up," Alex said with a mouth full of food, making me cringe. "I heard yours got a standing in the E.R."

"What?" I sat up straighter.

"Yeah, he tackled the guy who wasn't sleeping with a teenager."

"I can't believe I missed all the fun." They all slightly laughed.

"Well, mine has a notebook, a notebook that she takes notes in, notes of a very personal nature, and I stole it."

"High five." Lexie and I slapped hands.

"You what?"

"Give it."

"No." She gave Alex a dirty look. "Plus, violet told me to steal it." They all looked at me.

"It was the criminal's idea, and I take my high five back." I cleaned up my area before heading to Meredith's room.

🦋🦋🦋

"Hey," I entered my sister's room with a bag of chips. "How's hospital life treating ya?" I sat down in a chair while resting my feet on her bed.

"I'm thinking about staying here permanently." She smiled at me. "How's the first day going."

"Slow." I leaned back on the chair. "I have to sign some more paperwork before I'm allowed to do anything fun."

"I also heard you are working with lexie." I nodded my head. "I know I should have told you about this, but I felt like it was something I shouldn't say over the phone an-"

"Mer." She stopped ranting. "I'm not mad, and she seems cool."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, plus I've always wanted to be an older sister."

Suddenly my alarm on my phone went off, letting me know it was time to meet the chief for my paperwork.

"I gotta go." I threw my trash away.

"Hey, vi." I stopped and turned towards my sister. " where are you staying?"

"Right now? In a hotel." I shoved my hands into my jacket pocket.

"You're rooms still available. It always has been just Incase you ever returned home."

"Thanks, mer." I smiled. "I'll move in tonight."

🦋🦋🦋

I was walking around aimlessly, trying to find the chief's office. I was just about to ask a nurse or someone until I bumped into a hard chest.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I lifted my head to see that cute mercy wester from earlier.

"No, it's okay." He laughed a little. "You look lost."

"I am." I played with my rings. "I'm looking for the chief's office but can't seem to find my way around."

"I was there earlier, so maybe I can help." He stated before walking away, which I assumed I was supposed to follow.

"I'm violet grey."

"Jackson Avery." He scratched the back of his head. "I know you guys are supposed to hate us, merc-"

"This is my first day too."

"Oh, I, uh, I thought you said your last name was grey."

"Oh, it is, but I worked in a hospital in Texas until three weeks ago." He nodded his head before suddenly stopping.

"This is it." He pointed to the office.

"Thank you so much, Jackson." I gave him a small smile.

"It's not a big deal." He smiled back before walking away.

He's not that bad.

I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. "Come in." I heard a deep voice say.

"Hi, sorry, I'm late. I kinda got lost." I smiled, and then I noticed Dr. Adams. "Sorry if I interrupted anything."

"You're fine." Richard Webber stood to shake my hand. "I just need you to sign a few things, and off you go." He went to a drawer to dig something out.

"Uh, How was your first day," Dr. Adams asked.

"It was good." I returned my focus to Richard, who was handing me the paperwork and a pen.

"I'll come to see you first thing tomorrow," he informed Webber. "Goodnight, Richard, grey."

"Goodnight to you too, Parker."

I signed the last of the paperwork.

"All done, violet."

"Yes, sir."

"Well, welcome aboard." He smiled at me.

This is finally a new chapter in my life.

🦋🦋🦋

"Hey, mer-" I noticed the sad looks on everyone's faces. "Is this a bad time?"

"Izzy left Alex." Meredith gave me a look and mouthed hug him. "They were married."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I pulled Alex into a forceful hug. "I didn't know her well, but I'm sure you'll do better without her." I pulled away with a soft smile on my face.

"Yeah, thanks, but you didn't know her."

"Duh, silly, I just said that. " I laughed. "But if anybody's willing to leave you, the person she loves, without so much a goodbye, then she probably wasn't meant to be the one."

"Yeah, thanks." He nodded and left.

"Violet." My sister gave me a look.

"What? That's the same advice you gave me."

"Yeah, back in high school and vi, this isn't high school."

" Same thing."

"She has a point." Yang agreed with me, but my sister didn't seem to like that.

"Just- I'll see you tomorrow." She practicality pushed us out of the room if she could move.

"Love you too, sis!" I yelled.