Risk

"Good morning

"Good morning." Parker kissed my shoulder, humming in bliss.

"It is indeed a good morning." Parker leaned in to kiss me, but I pulled away.

"I have morning breath."

Parker gave me this look that exploded butterflies in my stomach. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer despite my giggling protest.

"I'm going to kiss you."

His lips tasted like honey. A taste I don't ever wish not to know.

"What?"

"It scares me how much I like you already."

"Me too."

🦋🦋🦋

"Alex," I called for the familiar face to slow down. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. I was fine when you asked a couple of days ago. I was fine when you called, and I'll be fine the next time you ask."

I rolled my eyes at his attitude. "Yeah. I don't believe you. It's okay not to be okay once in a while."

As we walked into the locker room, that annoying little redhead was blocking our cubbies with her yoga poses.

"Your ass is in our way."

"I was in the O.R. all night sewing a hang gliders intestines back together. I'm kinda sore."

" I kinda don't care," Alex responded.

"I'm going to be late." I gently pushed her to the side so I could get changed.

"Alex. I just got a call from swenders office. That izzie had an I.L.-2 treatment this week that she hasn't called back to confirm."

Alex gave me a look like he didn't want me to but in, but he's my friend kind.

"Put your shirt on and go." He threw my scrub top at me.

"But-"

"But nothing, V. Go."

"Whatever.

🦋🦋🦋

"Woah," Derek and some random guy turned their heads towards me. "Is that a tumor on the spinal cord? That's dangerous."

"Indeed," the guy whose name I didn't know smiled at me. "I'm Issac."

" Violet."

"It's my tumor," Issac added.

"Please, Derek. Please tell me you are going to try to take it out."

"Dr. Grey."

"Dr. Shepherd." I mocked him.

"It's too dangerous. It could kill him."

"Who cares," I yelled before thinking. " I mean, we are doctors, and we care very much. Making sure you stay alive is our top priority."