⚜️ The Death ⚜️

Elle's POV
Kingdom of Isles Worth Castle

"Time of Death is 7:45 in the night. Cause of death, Hayfever" Doctor Nash proclaimed. The white blanket was pulled to cover the Kings now deceased body, the Prince now a orphan.

Lord Alex was the first to pull prince David aside to console him. Though the young prince didn't shed a single tear, he looked ice cold on the inside. A new Rein would begin.

Later that night I would stand outside of Prince David's room along with his guards only to hear Duchess Liza and him argue

"You will finally rise as king, how could you possibly be upset right now?" I over heard Dutchess Liza spout.

"My father just passed away and you're really asking how I'm upset right now?" David said in a low angry tone. I've seen David angry before, to say it was scary was a understatement.

"You truly are a sad excuse for a King, I have more hope in the Jester to rule better than you" The dutchess said, the door opened and Dutchess Liza came out letting the door close harshly behind her.

I gulped but remained in the spot I was told to stand in. Crashes and shattering sounds could be heard from behind the closed door of Prince David's room.

"Should I go in there?" I asked the guards who I knew well being that we spent so much time around each other.

Sir Scott reached to the side opening the door. I walked in and the door closed quietly behind me.

Traces of broken glass and books as well as everything else that sat on Prince David's shelves.

"I don't want to hear anything else from you to-" David said turning around realizing he was talking to me and not the dutchess.

"I apologize" he said, he was holding onto one of his bed posts, dry tears stained his cheeks and it had been obvious that he was crying before I had Entered the room.

The thing about the prince and I is that we have known each other since we were both younglings, I grew up watching him train every single day to be as perfect as he could be to one day fill the shoes of his father and I grew up helping my late mother pick up around the large castle, prepare meals, and occasionally we would both sneak away to play in the garden, that is until his mother caught us.

"I'll start cleaning right away" I said softly looking at the prince, he hadn't been wearing his crown which was unusual.

The prince looked sympathetic as if he felt bad for letting me clean up the mess that he had made.

"No stay for a moment. I'll clean it up" The princes said, I was taken back by his words. Never once has the previous king or his queen said that to me.

"Your high-" I was saying but was quickly cut off "David, and that's a order. You shouldn't have to clean up a mess that I purposely created" he said

David walked past me going over the books that had been laying on the ground. I didn't know whether to go and help him or stay out as I was told.

I decided against his word, I walked over quietly and bent down picking up a few books, David glanced up at me and chuckled before looking back down and picking up more books.

"You know it's against the law to disobey the orders of a king or queen" prince David stating.

"Well then I guess I'm lucky that you arnt king just yet" I said softly smiling at the end.

Prince David smiled back. I stood up placing the books neatly on the shelf where they were before the princes rage.

"Are you attending the coronation tomorrow?" Prince David asked prancing the objects ok the shelf.

"The whole kingdom will be there and what kind of loyal servant would be if I wasn't" I said smiling, a few strips of my hair falling over my eyes.

"Don't think I could do this thing tomorrow without you there, after all you do everything for me" Prince David said.  A small smiled formed on the corner of my lips, I didn't mind working for prince David, I'd do anything for him.

Once everything was cleaned up and the roomed looked tidy again, I turned on my heels to leave. Prince David's hand grasped mine restricting me from leaving the room. My cheeks turned a light rosy pink color and my heart beat a little faster "yes?" I asked thinking he might have needed something else cleaned or done before I left.

Prince David paused, the expression on his face showed a war going on in his mind. David's grip loosened and his hand fell from mine

"Sleep well, we have a long day tomorrow" The young prince said, a small and smile arose from the corners of his lips.

"Goodnight your highness"

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
A/N: hope you guys liked the first chapter of the new series. Can't wait to write the next chapter, more is on the way!