⚜️ The Ring ⚜️

Elle's POV
The Castle

1 month later...

King Davids and I's relationship has been going on for about a month now undercover and known by nobody besides us, I can see when Dutchess Liza tries to get him into the sheets he declines pretending he had somewhere to be or something to do.

I wanted everyone to know so that they could be happy for David and I but that would mean my head on a block, which doesn't sound appealing in the slightest.

I walked in the castles main office, David was at his desk still writing like he had been for the last hour. I went over behind him gently giving him a small kiss on his cheek to which he smiled.

"Finally" he said looking down at the pieces of paper in front of him "this is it" he said standing up with the papers in hand.

I furrowed my eyebrows confused, I didn't have any idea of what could be written on the papers he was holding.

"What is it?" I asked tying my my waist apron slightly tighter. "It's the first law I'm setting as king, there will be a big proclamation this afternoon. Your going to want to be there" he said leaning down pressing his lips to mine just for a moment.

"I love you" he said softly smiling.

"I love you too" I said bringing my hand to his cheek rubbing the pad of my thumb softly across it.

"I must go and tell the parliament about the proclamation, I will see you there" King David said kissing my forehead before walking out of the office.

I smiled when a wave of nausea spilled over me. My feet acted quick getting to the bathroom in just enough time for me to collapse infront of the toilet just to puke up my guts.

I started to become nervous, was I sick? Was I getting what the late King had before he died? My cheeks were flush and I sat there for a moment.

"Was I pregnant?"

Later that afternoon the town hall was filled with people of the town, parliament persons, and kings, queens, knights, Dutchesses, and lords from nearby cities.

I was seated up front with sir scott and sir Todd who were there to protect the royal highness.

King David approached the podium with the papers in hand, he placed them there along with a quilled pen. The crowds silenced in anticipation of what the king was going to say.

"My people, my kingdom, my friends, today marks the day that I lay down my first law as king

"My people, my kingdom, my friends, today marks the day that I lay down my first law as king. Though it isAw more a recession of law rather.
today I hold in my hand the letter of the law which read from here forth the arrangement of marriages is now prohibited as it is unethical, towns people and Royals may marry whom they choose rather than be confined by the shackles of a arranged marriages, therefor by my signature putting it into place" King David announces taking his quilled pen and signing the deed, parliament signing shortly after to confirm it.

David looked over at me holding out his hand, I was confused for a moment but still reached forward taking his hand. King David pulled me infront of the crowd and my heart spread up with nervousness. My cheeks turned a slight rosy pink color as I watched King David get down on one knee taking hold of my hand with one of his and using his other hand to pull out a ring from his pocket. It was the queens, I remember seeing her wear it before she passed.

"Elle I know you arnt what these people expect that I want but I know you and I have for such a long time now and everyday since I can remember. I remember how fast my heart would beat as soon as I saw you,
You've been by my side for 19 years now and I can't imagine you anywhere else besides the throne next to me, Would you do me the amazing honor of being my wife and my queen" David said, it was obvious he was nervous but he hid it well with how sincere his words were.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes and I leaned down pressing my lips to his letting his take a moment to stand up

"Yes" I said softly as I pulled away, King David smiled widely with relief and excitement he took my hand and placed the ring on my ring finger, it was beautiful but I could care less about the ring, I was marrying the man I loved...I would be a queen and he my king.

The towns people cheered and even a few members of Royal families from else where cheered as well others didn't, the only one who didn't look happy was Dutchess Liza.

Soon after, David and his Royal subjects as well as staff started to traveled back into the castle a old lady wearing a brown hood caught my wrist stopping me in my tracks. She stood silent for a second as if she was feeling for something.

"Two" she said, her hands were wrinkled and shaky. Her voice raspy.
"There's two" she said once more before releasing my wrist and being on her way

Once we arrived back into the castle David
had pulled me into a secluded room. 
"I love you so much" he said holding both my hands.

Should I bring up the morning sickness? I didn't want to ruin to moment or get his hopes up Incase I wasn't actually pregnant.

"I love you too" I said bringing my hand to his cheek.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
A/N: surprised? How do you think elle should tell king David that is IF she's pregnant;) make sure you vote for this chapter and leave a comment. I love you my sweethearts