three

e l l i e
month one of the contract

The radio show is over much faster than I thought it would be

The radio show is over much faster than I thought it would be. After only forty five quick minutes, the band members are standing from their seats inside the sound booth and removing their black headsets.

My attendance was mostly just to meet more of Sinful's team. More and more unfamiliar faces fill my head as the day goes on. I make an effort to match each one to a name and get to know everyone's roles as part of the band's crew.

I watched from outside the booth with Mike and a few of the radio staff members as well. The boys are funny, I'll give them that. Gray couldn't stop smiling the entire time (but what's new?) and even Theo had cracked a few jokes by the end of the interview.

Mike gave me a rundown of the boys schedule for this month since he didn't have time to do it the day before. The band has a few more interviews with different magazines and talk shows later in the month as well as a few smaller gigs. I'm expected to attend all of these events as well as every rehearsal which are scheduled almost everyday this month. Mike tells me that the band is preparing for a nation wide tour, so all the extra rehearsals are necessary. Basically, I'll be spending almost every day with Four Raging Sins.

"The boys really seem to like you, Ellie," Mike points out matter of factly and I force myself not to think about Maddox. I tear my eyes away from the guys, who are now getting there photos taken with the radio hosts, to look up at Mike.

"I've never seen them warm up to someone so fast. Especially a P.A," He rubs his chin thoughtfully. "If you're lucky, maybe you could snag the position of band manager in the future,"

I raise an eyebrow in question, seeing as he is the manager and just recommended his own position to me. He laughs at my confused expression. "Well I'm not getting any younger, hun."

My lips quirk up into a smile and I shake my head at him in disbelief. "No one could fill your shoes, Mike."

Although I don't know Mike or the band very well yet, it's obvious that the boys look up to him. He smiles in return and ruffles my hair affectionately.

"I knew I liked you." He says causing a giggle to escape me.

A radio staff member interrupts us by speaking into his mic so that everyone in the sound booth can hear him.

"Alright boys, thanks for all of your hard work. You're free to go." He informs the band. I watch as the guys shake hands once again with the hosts, thanking them for having the band on the show, before they head out of the booth one at a time.

"Good show, boys," says Mike. "I just briefed Ellie on the schedule, so you should be all good to go. There's a rehearsal tomorrow at ten o'clock. Don't be late." Mike speaks to the whole group but I can't help but notice he stares at Jax the entire time.