chapter 2

I was unpacking the boxes in the living room. It was a 2 bedroom one bathroom house. It was mostly white interior and the house on the outside was a light grey. It was a very nice house. As I was putting some books on a shelf I heard a knock on my door. I looked at the door, I wasn't expecting anyone...i walked to the door and opened it. Two men stood. The first one had long black hair and bright read eyes. He was wearing a black suit with a black drench coat with a red tie. He had black leather cloves on and black boots. He had many piercings his lip had snake bites his bridge, nose, and eyebrow. The second male had white long hair some of it was in a pony tail giving him an elf vibe. He had slightly pointed ears and white eyes. He was wearing a white button up shirt and black leather pants. He didn't have any piercings like the other male but had a cold glare."May I help you?"I asked keeping the door slightly shut. "Sorry to bother you at such a time. But I've heard there's a new guy in town. I wanted to come to say hello"the male with black hair said with a slight smile. "Oh well come in!"I smiled softly and let the two men in."I'm Jayy Moonlight and this is Zero..."the male with the black hair said."I'm Damien Reeves"I smiled."what brings you to moons peak, Damien?"Jayy asked looking around at the boxes."I'm a writer, I do a lot of documentaries of towns and their history, one of my famous books was the mysteries of the lost Atlantis!" I explained,"I read that, it was very well done" Zero said. Jayy looked at him and back at me."well I personally would like to welcome you to Moons Peak..but i will warn you, night times here are dangerous.."Jayy said walking to the door, Zero behind him."thanks for the warning..."I said softly. They let themselves out and I sighed. They was odd. But no matter that I have so much unpacking to do. If I get finished tonight I'll head to the library tomorrow to get some history.

I awoke to hear birds chirping. I leaned up popping my back. I yawned and lazily got out of bed walking to the bathroom. Getting ready, I walked to the kitchen and fixed me some coffee and finally was awake. I grabbed my car keys and put my shoes on walking out to my truck. I got in and headed to the library. It wasn't a big one but it was nice. I walked to the librarian."how can I help you?"she asked. She was an older lady in her 50's maybe. She had light brown hair with grey in it. She was wearing a flower dress and had glasses on"yes I wanted to know if you had any old news papers of this town?"I asked."hmm not here but I do know someone who owns quite the collection of old history of this town..i can give you the address and number!" She smiled."thank you so much!"I smiled as she handed it to me. I got back in my car and called the number."hello?"that voice I've heard it before! I pushed it aside."hello my name's Damien Reeves. I got this number from the local library and was informed this number had some information about the history of this town!"I explained."She was right, I'm guessing she gave you an address as well?"he asked."yes she did"I answered."then I'll gladly let you take a look! Come bye whenever!"he said hanging up. I put my phone down. I put the address in the GPS and headed to the address. It was deep in the woods and it was kinda dark. I pulled into a drive way that lead to a gate. There was a button with a speaker. I pushed the buttin."what's your business?"I heard a male say."yes, I was supposed to come take a look at some historical things of the town!" I said, nothing was said but the gate opened. I pulled up and parked getting out. I looked at the house, it was beautiful. It had a dark color and was so mysterious! I walked to the door and knocked on the door. The door opened to see Zero."zero!?"I said surprised."come this way"he said leading me into the house. Inside the house was so beautiful!! It stop had a dark wood theme and more of a Victorian style. This place was very old! He lead me up the stairs and to a door. We walked in and my eyes widen, Jayy...he looked up as Zero walked out and shut the door."glad you came!"Jayy smiled standing from the chair. It was a nice office. I nodded and walked to the desk."bet you wasn't expecting this"he smiled walking to me."not really"I smiled. "Come"he said and he lead me out of that room and too another door. We walked in and I had to stop for a second there was so many books and other old objects. I walked to the book and looked."I do have quiet the collection!" Jayy said through a smirk."Indeed you do!"I smiled softly grabbing a book. It was gone with the wind a very classy book. I put it back and turned to Jayy. "I have a lot of of newspapers of the town"he said walking to a file cabinet."what year you most interested in?"he asked."that's start with 1856"I said he nodded and grabbed a binder. He handed it to me. I sat at a table with it and opened it to see them in perfect condition like they was just printed!! I read through them then something caught my attention...almost all of these had something about a murder. I continued to read and read. Most of the bodies were found torn apart or some missing and never found and stopped reading and started to just think and lean back. "You got question don't you?"Jayy asked sitting across from me."yes..."I said looking at him."this town holds a lot of secrets...things that only a handful know..."Jayy explained"something that can't be told"Jayy said looking in my eyes."tell me!!"I said really wanting to know, even if I couldn't put it in a book, I wanted to know!! Jayy chuckled and stood."I can't do that!"he said with a small smile. I stood,"and why not!"I said crossing my arms. Jayy looked me up and down,"you couldn't handle it!"he said grabbing the binder and putting it away."what if I could prove that I can handle it!"I said and he looked at me and smiled."fine! I'll tell you what...i run this little night club I'll send you the address and you can come over" Jayy smiled and I nodded,"fine! What time?"I asked."hmmmm be there by 7! The password is Blood!"Jayy smiled."I'll be there!"I said and he lead me to the exit I drove home and started to get my office organized.