Chapter 5

Chapter 5.

I sat on the sofa, waiting for Seth and Larath. I heard a knock on the door.

“Nash! YOU IN THERE!?” Embry shouted through the door.

“Hold on........” I went to the front door and opened it. “What is it? Why are you shouting! It's 5am, people are asleep!” I said in a hushed tone.

“Sorry, I just need to talk to you.” Embry walked inside.

“What about?” I slammed the door shut and followed him.

“Well.... I just saw a member of the Black-Blood Elite wondering in our territory!” He exclaimed.

“I know, there is two, one called Larath and one called Seth.” I laughed.

“Oh haahaa! I'm serious! They didn't look like they were popping round for a cup of tea Nash! They were phased, and I didn't recognise their scent!”

I rolled my eye's at him. “Oh Embry come on! It's fine, it's probably just someone looking for Larath and Seth.”

“Fine if you won't help me, I'll go tell Jake. Emit is round at his, he can help me track them down.”

“I'll come with you.” I followed after him.

As we neared Jacob's front door, we heard shouting. “For goodness sakes Jake! Why won't you help me? He's your friend and he's missing!” Larath was shouting at Jake.

“Why should he? He's not in your pack!” Emit's voice came from inside.

“Because he was and he is Seth's friend!” Larath yelled.

“Guys I am here you know!” Jacob yelled.

We knocked on the door. “Come in!” Jacob called.

We entered. “What is it?” He asked.

“Alpha, I saw one of her kind, on our teritory.” Embry waved a hand at Larath.

Larath growled at him. “It could have been Seth.” Jacob said.

“I know what Seth looks like and it wasn't him, his scent was different as well!” Embry exclaimed.

“Emit, you help Embry find this wolf. Larath, Nash I need to talk to you two.” Jacob nodded at the door.

Embry and Emit left. “Right, you two, I have a job for you.... wait Larath why are you wearing Nash's jacket?” Jacob looked at Larath and me.

“I didn't bring a jacket with me from home, he said I could use his.” Larath quickly came up with an excuse.

“Oh right whatever. Anyway I need you both to go and look for Seth!” Jacob dismissed the jacket and walked off.

We walked outside. “Why did you lie?” I asked.

“Because....” She shrugged.

“Well it's not like we have to keep it from Seth now is it!?” I was getting angry.

“What's wrong?” She stopped and looked at me.

“Well you obviously still like Jacob!” I was shouting because we were out of the village now and in the woods.

“What!? Where did you get that from!?” She shouted at me.

“Oh common'! You always stare at him, and laugh at everything he says, and you are SO adamant that Jacob comes back with you! And you don't want to tell him we are going out! If you like him so much, why don't you just tell him! I'm sure he'll come back then!” I over reacted, but I couldn't help it. I stormed off.