Chapter 1 A normal day

Hi, my name is Jess. I'm a "perfectly normal" 14 year old girl who lives in a small village called Vertia. I love to go outside but I also love to game! This story is the tale of how I became a hero. ..

*bleep bleep bleep* I woke up to the annoying bleeping of my alarm clock. I grunted a bit, rolled over and tried to sleep again. *bleep bleep bleep* Would the annoying noise ever stop ringing in my ears? Not until I got up. I sat up in my bed and glanced over at my alarm in disappointment. I reached for the switch and flicked it. Finally, the alarm stopped. I flopped back down onto my bed, trying ever so hard not to fall asleep again. Then a sudden flash if mind came to me. My eyes flung open like doors with weak hinges. "HOMEWORK!" I threw the duvet off my self and jumped off my bed. I stopped and listened to the silence. "Good, mum isn't awake yet, I still have some time to do it!" I quickly tip toed down the stairs. The floorboards creeked. Every time it did I winced a little bit, just hoping she didn't wake up. I reached the bottom of the stairs. I quietly flicked the light switch on. I smiled. I turned around to look at my school bag. My homework was peeking at the top of it. I grabbed it and ran to the table. "Ok...exercise 2 page 152. Maths." My heart skipped a beat. Not in the good way either. Maths was probe volt the worst subject in the world! After all it is M.ental A.buse T.o H.umans. I turned the page. My head was already filled with numbers and letters. Ok..."billy likes cycling, calculate the mass of the sun." "What?!?" I was so confused. "How us thus even possible?!?" I closed the book and gave up. My stomach gurgled. "Hmm, hungry huh?" I walked through the door to the kitchen. I opened the cupboard in front of me and the cereal fell on my face. So you know the story, I get my breakfast, go get changed stuff like that, then I set off.

"Bye mum!" "Bye!" She replied.
I closed the door behind me and turned out of the terrace. I set off on a short walk to get to Kathleen's house. Once I pick her up, we walk to the bus stop. We talk about all the latest gossip and secrets and all that other stuff. We get on the bus and stuff. It was once we got to the school that the real story starts...

(Sorry it's a little boring, I didn't have a lot of inspiration. But I guarantee that the next chapter will be a whole lot better!)