Chapter 4

Got carried away XD anyway Danis in chapter five XD

We got to the science labs when I stopped. I turned around but she wasn't there.
"Dani? Where are you!"
There was no answer. Alisha and I looked around frantically but she was nowhere to be found.
"Dani. I'm serious now, you can't mess around like that at a time like this!"
Still no reply. I knew we needed to find her but if she was already dead, there was no point risking our own lives. I looked at Alisha to say we can't go after her. If she's alive, she'll find us. I know she will. She nodded because she understood the situation...because she is the smart one...i think.
"We should look in the science labs for something to help us, like a knife." Alisha suggested. I nodded agreeing to her suggestion. we started running again in a new level of a winding maze of corridors. eventually we came to the science labs. there were six labs and two storage rooms. our best chance to find something useful was the storage rooms so we checked in there first. but of course the school had to he moving buildings next week and everything was in boxes. it made it harder in a way, but the writing on the boxes made it slightly easier to find what we needed. storage room one was useless to us, nothing but beakers and test tube racks. we went along to storage room two. this one got us feeling a bit luckier.

We both started searching in boxes but not everything was packed away. not all of the packed boxes were even closed yet not even starting with the titles on them. the box I opened was full if styrofoam, which meant something fragile was in it. I lifted the styrofoam and saw a briefcase. It was made from black leather and looked like one a business man would carry. I opened the briefcase and inside was pure luxury for whatever was inside! The briefcase walls were covered in purple-red felt. only it wasn't really felt, this was far softer and fluffier! The briefcase also was soft like a pillow, it was full of memory foam, which made it better for the item inside to sit comfortably and not move around the whole journey. inside of the briefcase was a glass ball which I had never seen before. I took it out and looked around through the crystal ball. everything looked so amazing, except it was all upside down. I put it in the box and continued to study the briefcase. the top corner of the felt was loose, maybe something was behind it?

Alisha's PoV:

As Jess started looking through the briefcase and started getting distracted by the crystal ball, I simply rolled my eyes and continued looking through boxes. so far I had looked through three boxes and none of them had been useful! I opened the fourth box. I gasped in shock as to see something shiny. It was a medal from the first world war, top condition too. This must have cosy an arm and a leg... literally. And then I turned to see Jess, she looked broken hearted.