Chapter 3

As we got further into the winding maze of hallways, it became harder to find a way out. We shouted louder but then we heard the lights start to flicker. We froze and stated motionless, scared as adrenaline pumped through our minds making sweat come off our heads and fear exit our mouths through the loud breaths we were breathing. Eventually the lights gave in to the darkness which we then were standing in. We couldn't see a thing! A distant scream of a familiar girl was travelling through the winding corridors and reached our ears. We jolted our heads to the direction of the scream. Should we go? Or stay where we were? Or find a safe place to hide? This can only mean one thing... Arguments. I was the courageous and brave one, Alisha was the shy one and dani, well, she's just messed up. I wanted to find and help the girl but I knew Alisha would disagree. But I had to.
"We should go see what's going on."
Alisha knew if she fought back she would lose anyway so she just nodded.
We found a classroom where for some odd resign had really bright torches. These would definitely help. We ran towards where the scream came from with our torches in full blast. Soon we came to a halt when a trail of blood lead to some stairs. A human like creature stood as a shadow in the dark. There was a dead girl to its side. The human like creature limped far words toward us. When it came into the light of our torches, it was no ordinary human. It looked like a zombie from a very glum fairy tale. The girl that was dead in the floor just seconds ago, got up, her body was all limp and weak but she soon got on her feet. She was the same. A zombie. Had the original one turned her into one? Well she had a big hole in her skull showing what she had left if her brain. I shivered in disgust. I might be brave, but when it comes to blood, guts and gore, leave me out! The zombies started creeping forward as we backed away. I shouted for us to run and we did so. I found a turning to go up some stairs to the third floor. I asked if we were ok when I noticed dani didn't answer. She was no where to be seen. Had she been left behind and eaten. Had she died with the same pain and death as the other girl? I hoped not but sometimes, the truth is unbearable.

Hey guys, wanted just to say, yes I know I'm mean leaving it in a cliff hanger like that but you'll find out mire about dani and her death in the next chapter. Sorry about spelling but thus chapter is not edited because I'm being lazy, share this story with your friends please even though this is just a distraction from my real book which is to be published on my fifteenth birthday so 2 years to go! Haha! Xx