Chapter 2 or whatever

Yup. My life was boring. Pretty much the same week, every week. Pretty boring yeah? The bus for school was late. Something wasn't right but I couldn't figure out what it was! I stared out the window as I watched the landscape dash past me. The bus came to a halt. I stood up and left the bus.
"Hmm the schools a bit quiet..."
It concerned me, but I had no clue about it, so I left it alone. I went into the cafeteria and went to the bottom table where all the people from hatton normally go on the morning before school, but no one was there. I still didn't acknowledge it. I just wondered about why it was so weird today. It wasn't a day off or anything so where was everyone.
"Jess!" I turned to see dani and Alisha.
I waved still half wondering.
"Hey. Anything seem weird to you guys?"
"No not really why?"
I paused.
"It just doesn't seem right."
They gave me playful looks like I was joking. I looked at both their faces in turn.
"No I'm serious!"
"Whatever!"dani laughed.
"Hey guys let's go to class."Alisha replied still giving me a playful look.
"Maybe that'll stop her from kidding around!" She sniggered.
As dani and Alisha walked ahead talking, I stayed a little behind them with my hands in my pockets as I stared at the ground trying to figure it out. I looked up to see dani and Alisha looking very confused as they opened the library door.
"Why did you stop walking? I asked curiously.
"No ones here." They stuttered.
"I got it!" I yelled.
"Got what?"
"Why today is so weird!"
"Go on then." Alisha replied with her hand in her hip.
"No one at all is at school! But why?"
Their eyes looked terrifyingly at me, as if to say but it's Tuesday.
"We should look around the building."

We ran up the nearest stairs and called around for someone, anyone! But every time we did, there was no reply. Where is everyone, but more importantly what happened to them?