Ch. 2

Matcomm there's a 10- 68

As I hear this come over the radio, I was about to take it. 

Matcomm 8C-14

I hear Mitchell take it before me I was so ful of relief.

As I am driving down the highway I see a a driver who is swerving, I decide to pull him over. 

Matcomm 1B-29 Im gonna be 10-36 10-38

I turn on my sirens not knowing if he will stop or run. He finally puuls over. I get out of my vehicle and am about th ereach the window when out of know where, I hear the tires of the back start to spin out. I look at the car with disbeliff. I turn and run to my car. Hope to catch up to him.

Matcomm 1B-29 I need 10-68 on a 10-36 who ran. 

Matcomm 10-4 what is your 10-20?

1B-29 on Irnwood drive south bound going 70. Residental area.

As I feel my car getting faster and faster my back up finally arrives. Its Mitchell and Fintch.

Matcomm 1B-29 I will take the lead.

I look back and slow down in reilf looking back at Mitchell speed by me in her charger. Knowing this I let her go since she is in the faster car.

We finally reach the bridge and and Finch is sitting there with spike strips on the road. The driver hits it and looses control of the vehicle. 

I arrive and Mitchell was already on foot chasing after the runaway. 

I dispatch the K-9 unit asking for backup with dogs. Finally about 2 hours later we finally catch him.

We look though his car and find marajuana and 14 open containers of booze. I finally relize why he ran. 

"Hey, Good job Mitch" I say

"Hey, thanks so poke." She replies.

Finch was the purkes ride to the jail, since we we're already on patrol. 

"Hey Mitch, lets go to lunch. I'll buy!" I say

"Damn, Im hungry!" She replies with a tired look on her face.

As we reach the cafe I see something out of the corner of my eye. I look and my mouth drops.