Chapter 6

The past two days since our arrival here in manila have been peaceful: the luggage incident was solved and it's because of some confusion so in no time, my real luggage was returned to me and so is Mr. Alton's. And I took the chance to rest.

Warm Sunday morning and the opening program of the conference had begun. As it was said in the Invitation I received, many CEO and people with big names are here. Well, Mills did a good job. All people who have been background check by Mills were here. From staff to guest, I know them all. As the program goes, Mr. Han welcomes us and reveals the highlights of this conference. It will lasts for two weeks because of so much to discuss and different events here and there: meetings, balls, forums, and many more. I'm sure Rheah is so excited for these while I'm only chasing for the meetings to see if I can be in partnership with other CEOs. I know I can really make money out of here and build a branch of my company here. It'll be great. In the middle of the program and everyone is enjoying their food, videos endorsing different companies who participated in these conference were shown. One of those is Mr. Alton's company which is the Alton Industries. So, he's already the acting CEO, Rheah's company too was shown and she's featured in their company video. And mine was shown too. It shows the different achievements my company had and the insides of M Crib. All of the CEOs were feature in their company videos but mine was different. MHI's Company video ends showing the smoked-glass door that leads to the entrance of my office.

"Why you're not featured?" Rheah asks after the videos were shown, was sitting beside me in her show-off curve dress again.

"That video was enough for the people to see MHI." I took a sip of my merlot.

"I guess people were right, 'M for Mystery'," she mutter loudly and return in her dessert. I didn't fight back because I won't get anything out of it. But what she said is right. That's the same line I heard from people. That I'm a Mystery. I didn't intend to let them see me in that way. Maybe I earned it. And it pleases me in a reason I can't describe.

"Now that we see the videos of the participating companies, let us meet the People behind them...the CEOs." The emcee announced and the people applaud agreeing to what emcee said.

And the emcee starts with Ron Kiev, a Russian and is the Chairman of Kiev Marketing, and after some six or eight people Rheah was off to stage as The CEO after her grandmother resigned from the position, after her is Alexander Alton in his no-tie suit, charming off the emcee as they talk about him taking over of his father's company instead of his older brother who is already busy with aviation. I thought I'll never be called out on stage after all the people who are called after Mr. Alton, but I'm wrong.

"And last but not the least, she is one of the most successful young woman in the business world. She is the president of the GlamaSpark School of fashion, New Green Agricultures, and R Technology Solutions. Without further ado, Business Asia Organization is honored to welcome the CEO of M Holdings, Inc., Ms. Monique Russeltowe." The emcee announced in a tone that everyone should hear what he'll say. All people applause and their eyes are waiting to see if who the emcee is referring to.

"Go, M!" Rheah cheered.

Sighing, I stand and the heads of the people in that venue are all on me. I didn't gauge in much their expressions but I walk to stage with confidence, good thing I'm wearing my black Jimmy Choo suede pumps, it makes me taller, more of the CEO that they need to see. And that's the thing they'll always see. And the thought pleases me.

"Ms. Russeltowe, what a pleasure to see you," the emcee greets once I'm on the stage. "Thank you." I put on a fake smile. And it'll be a fake show. Showtime.

"This is a big day to open a big event. So, Ms. Russeltowe, what makes you come to this year's BAICON?" the emcee asked.

"Let's say this year's BAICON got my interest, so that's why."