Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Davis drops me off in front of the M Crib, My Building and drives away to the parking bay underground.

"Good Morning, Ms. M..."

"Good Morning, Ma'am..."

"Good Day, Ms. M..."

Jeez, every day you greet me like that...I control myself not to roll my eyes on them and walk straight to the elevator passively giving them a snub look. The elevator pings at 25th floor and open its doors, I see Harriet, My PA, stands by the Reception Desk waiting for me. While two other women who are busy in the computer all in their dark blue dress uniforms.

"Good Morning, Ms. M..."they greet in one tone.

"Good Morning," I greet back. Usual Protocol. Passing her and the other two employees who goes back to their work, I ask her the usual question I ask everyday...

"What do we have today?"

"Proposals. From GlamaSpark in London, New Green in India and Egypt. The files are placed in your table Ms. M...and a meeting presentation from R Tech in an hour Ms. M."

I pause and turn to look at her passively "Only that?"

"Meetings, yes but in files and proposals, so far only that, Ms. M" she replies immediately.

Silently fishing my iPhone out of my bag, I give it to her and said, "Take my calls. And if there's any new whatsoever, notify me immediately."

"Yes, Ms. M." she replies automatically.

And I walk to my office.

My email inbox is flooding with emails waiting to be read. Out of all the emails, one got my attention and I open it. It's from Mom.

From: Rose Marie Russeltowe

Date: 7.14.14, 6:39 AM

Subject: Dinner

To: Monique Charlottes Russeltowe

My Dear Monique

I wonder if you can be with us in dinner sometime this week. Your father and brother missed you. So am I.

Always take care of yourself, my dear.

Mom

I just find myself smiling like someone who's lost in some reverie after reading Mom's email. But that smile doesn't stay longer as I remember one thing that is genuine fact: I'm not one of them and still they miss me. It makes me feel homesick and uncomfortable at the same time. I remembered what they did to me, for me and.... I close my eyes tightly and shake my head to dissolve those thoughts, I'm so not gonna have a throwback in my office! Inhale deeply and exhale widely, I focus myself to the files that waiting for me to be read.

I don't know if how many minutes passed when a knock on the door snatches my attention losing my focus on work...

"In..."

"Ms. M, your meeting with R Tech is in 15 minutes..." Harriet said after entering the office.

"Ok then." I simply answer.

Instead of leaving, she hands me a big white envelope that is addressed to MHI's office.

Giving her my serious look, I ask her, "What's this?" holding up the envelope...

"From Business Asia Organization, Ms. M."

I carefully open it and review its written contents:

Mr. Yuan Ming Han