Epilogue ~ The Ultimate Test

~~~Darkstalker~~~

Things were progressing as planned, much to Darkstalker's delight. His daughter was in place, as were the majority of the other Shades. 

He chuckled at the nugget of information he'd plucked from their minds. What an odd name, but then again, these were odd times. And who was he to judge, really?

"Queen Wasp is here to see you," a messenger suddenly announced, peering through the doorframe.

"Send her in," Darkstalker replied, fiddling with an object draped across his talons. 

As much as he disliked the rotten HaveWing queen, their alliance was important enough to allow him to tolerate her presence. His other companions, the various tribe rulers, weren't. One day he'd turn on them, and give them the justice their evil actions deserved, but for now...well, he'd survive.

"Darkssstalker," the queen hissed, sliding into the room with malevolent grace. "I sssee your plan isss working."

"Indeed it is," the huge NightWing rumbled, turning to face her. "Have you conversed with the breath of evil?"

Queen Wasp nodded. "It will help usss. Pantalusss wasss a necesssary sssacrifice, and ssshe hasss already proven ussseful."

"True, true," Darkstalker murmured. "And what of the others?"

"All in place, and their ordersss are clear. Do not interfere unlessss there isss mortal danger to our dragonetsss, and even then, only if it isss not their own ssstupidity that got them there in the firssst place."

"Excellent. Then I shall see you later." Darkstalker yawned loudly, exposing his bright white teeth. By the time he lowered his head again, Queen Wasp was gone. "But until then, I will control them as I see fit," he whispered to the darkness. "And they won't ever know."

The moon broke through suddenly, and in its light, revealed an ancient artifact held within dark claws.

A/N

What do you think of this ending? Are you excited for book two? Do you think I should even do a book two? Please comment your thoughts, and just in case, keep an eye out for book two, Into The Wild!