Safe with Me

(Author's Note:) This was first published on twitter a year ago and for keepsake, this will be stored here.

***

Title: Safe With Me
Inspiration: Safe with me by JoJo

***

Despite the cooling system, Jennie was partly soaked in sweat after getting crazy on the dance floor. Jumping, swaying her hips and letting her limbs dance along to every beat of the songs that the DJ played. Is she a party animal? Not really. Why is she here? Because she's free.

Jennie sat in one of the bar stools as she wipes her sweat out of her skin — from her forehead all the way down to her neck as she let her purse rests on top of the bar counter. "A glass of cold water, please." she asks from the young gentleman which was answered by a nod.

A woman clad in a black thigh length dress with one shoulder being exposed & a pair of black stilettos, hair tied in a high pony tail exposing her neck & nape with a hanging silvertone necklace highlighted with a letter "L" pendant partying alone in a bar surely gets love calls.

So Jennie did, a few moments after getting her glass of water, a man holding a glass of what Jennie assumes as wine approached and sat next to her.

"Hi. Sorry if I somehow look creepy but David by the way." he offers a hand for a handshake. Jennie stares at him for a while and soon returned the gesture. Hanging out with someone won't hurt, would it?

"No, you're good since you approached nicely. I'm Jennie." she says and their contact was separated.

"Nice name. I'll be honest to keep on not being creepy." he says which made Jennie chuckle.

"Okay go ahead."

"I was watching you earlier when you're in the dance floor and boy I could've sworn all the men in the club were gawking." Jennie stares at him with an amused smirk, she knows he's flirting.

"And that includes you, am I right?"

"Ops. Busted." he shyly says.

Jennie chuckles and takes another sip from her water. The man named David saw it and asks. "Would you like to get something to drink other than water? It'll be on me."

Jennie looks at him and says. "I'll have it later. I got too sweaty, I need water."

"Okay, on me, alright?"

"If you say so, Sir." Jennie says as she takes another sip from the cold water.

"By the way are you alone?" he asks after a few minutes of silence.

"Yes." Jennie replies after emptying her glass of water.

"You?" When David noticed the empty glass, he raised a hand for service.

"I have my friends somewhere but they'd probably ditched me again." he says.

"What drink do you want to have?"

"Any suggestions?"

David stares at her for a while. "Margarita on the rocks, perhaps? Take it slow."

Jennie raised an eyebrow. "Too soft but okay, I'll take it."

David chuckles. "Like I said, take it slow. MOTR would be a perfect starter."

"If you say so, thanks."

"No biggie. Anyway, why are you alone though? I mean coming in a bar alone is kind of like lonely."