Impending (Sequel)

"Sorry, that traffic on 31st street is crazy." Jennie occupies the seat across from the two women who stopped talking when she made her presence known.

"Ah, there's a bazaar sale going on there. Was caught up too." says Jisoo before she raises her hand to get the attention of any waiter.

"No wonder." Jennie sets her bag on the other side of the table and her long coat on the space beside her. "Have you ordered?"

"Nope, about to. We're waiting for you." Chaeyoung responds.

They picked their brunch items and thanked the kind waiter before he makes his way to the counter. Not long after, three long glasses of cold water are served first and the waiter told them it'll take 20-25 minutes to serve their food.

They aren't that hungry anyway so the waiting time doesn't bother any of them.

"How are you?" Jisoo asks after she takes a sip from her glass. "You've been pretty busy quite recently."

"Right. We could barely reach you."

Jennie takes her time sipping her water before replying. "Sorry, been mostly out of the country to assist the newly opened branch in Japan."

"Figures." Chaeyoung replies. "Have you been resting though? I saw your Instagram stories and posts the other week and you're in Seoul that morning then suddenly you're in Japan in the afternoon and still managed to end your day back in Seoul."

"Traveling like Japan and South Korea is just a walking distance. You need to get a rest, Jennie." Jisoo says with a frown.

Jennie chuckles, deeply appreciating how her friends are still looking out for her every chance they could. "I am fine. It's not like I am flying commercially anyway. The company is allowing me to use the private jet."

Chaeyoung shrugs. "As they should. Let me know if Mino oppa is abusing you."

Jennie finally laughs at that. "You tell him that. He said Hi by the way and also asked if the both of you are free enough for dinner next week."

"I'll get back to you on that. I have almost an entire week booked for the agent next week." Jisoo says.

"Right, found some potential place to buy and move?"

The oldest in the group shakes her head. "Not yet but I'll visit all the sites she listed. I just need a spacious lawn, backyard or something."

That makes Chaeyoung laugh. "You're sounding like an ahjumma heading to retirement, unnie."

Jisoo gently shoves the younger beside her and says, "Shut up."

Jennie just watches and chuckles at the interaction before she continues. "And you, Chaeng? Can you go? How's it going?"

"I'll see but same old. Should've not accepted my sister's offer because look at me now, I am stuck teaching kids to play instruments and understand musical notes."

Two waiters made their presence known and start serving them their food. After they bid them thanks, Jennie continues. "You love teaching though."

"And the kids you're telling us are like in their early 20s. Is that the ahjumma talking inside you? Calling your students that's around our age, kids?" Jisoo grins.

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes. "Whatever unnie." Jisoo will never not find ways to retort, of course.

"I'll let him know. That dude misses hanging out with you, I think." Jennie says, now starting to eat her share.