Prologue - Welcoming Gift

Yoongi's P.O.V.

'207 - MR. KIM'

I shifted my messenger bag that was on my shoulder, then I walked into the classroom. No one really looked at me, until I heard one person say,

"WHAT IS A MODEL DOING IN OUR CLASSROOM?!"

I froze. I mean, I don't really understand why they had to yell that in front of everyone.

Nonetheless, all the attention was now on me.

Well, almost.

One kid in the back, sitting alone, was doing something with paper. He has a small, almost unnoticeable smile on his face despite being alone. I wonder why.

"Soojin, don't call out anything like that again! Anyways, class, we have a new student. His name is Min Yoongi and he recently moved from Daegu. He'll be with us from now on."

I don't understand why but everyone clapped. Was this a normal thing to do when you get a new student here?

They never did anything like this in Daegu.

"Yoongi, you can sit next to.. Ah, the only sit that's empty is the one next to Taehyung. Taehyung, raise your hand please."

The kid in the back raised his hand. Oh, he's the one who wasn't looking at me earlier!

I walked to the back of the classroom. I heard a lot of people whispering..

"Oh, poor Yoongi, he has to sit next to that kid."

"I know, right?"

"I wish he sat next to me instead of him."

A lot of.. Weird things. I just kept walking. I had no place to judge them, I don't even know anyone here.

The only person in the whole school I know is my older sister, but she's in different classes.

I sat down next to Taehyung, placing my bag on the floor next to me.

"Hi there!"

He didn't respond, but he smiled a bit more noticeably and passed me a piece of folded paper.

Oh, it looks like a little boat!

"Woah.. You're really good at origami!"

"Thanks."

He gave me bigger smile.

Oh, his smile is like a box! How cute!

I smiled back at him. I held the little paper boat in my hands and looked up at the teacher.

What a nice welcoming gift!