four.

[ 4. ]
PAIN, PAIN, GO AWAY

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
༶•┈┈┈♛ ♛┈┈┈•༶

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
note: i promise things will get
better. but, for now, please
prepare yourself.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Harith could feel himself tensing as Harley continued to stare at him with those empty, green eyes. Those eyes looked like there was no life inside it, and Harith wondered what had happened to the mage that made him like this. This wasn't the first time Harley had spaced out like this, and it worried him that his condition might be permanent this time.

"Harley?" Harith called, but there was no response. Instead, Harley just took a step forward, and Harith found himself taking a step back at his odd behaviour. "Okay, Harley, you can snap out of it now."

Harith expected the mage to get closer to him, but his eyes widened when the mage started leaning forward. Quickly, he extended his arms to catch him, and he found Harley laying in his arms, unmoving, as his eyes continued to remain blank. He tried to shake the mage's shoulder in an attempt to wake him up from his daze, but it doesn't seem to work.

"Damn it," Harith said, shaking Harley's shoulder again. The mage barely moved at all. "Harley, snap out of it already!"

Again, Harley showed no reaction to his calls, and Harith could feel his heart pounding in his chest at the thought of something being wrong with him. Gently, he lifted the mage in his arms, and he carried him to the couch to place him on it. He waited for a few seconds, hoping that the Mage Genius would finally respond, but when he realised that nothing was going to change, he decided that he needed to see Rafaela now.

He wasn't sure if the angel knew how to help Harley, but maybe she could at least tell him a thing or two about what was happening to him?

Harith rushed outside of his house, and he let out a sigh of relief when he spotted Rafaela exiting the house next to him—which belonged to Lolita and Nana. She was currently saying her goodbyes to them, and he used this opportunity to call for her before she heads back to the academy.

Thankfully, Rafaela heard his call, and she wasted no time to fly towards him. Her face looked worried, but that was probably because she could see how much he was panicking right now. "Harith, is something wrong?" she asked, landing right in front of him. "You look–"

Before she could even finish her sentence, Harith had pulled her inside his home. He led her to the living room, and he pointed towards Harley, who hadn't move an inch from the couch. "Rafaela, something's wrong with Harley!"

Rafaela's lips were thinned as she flew closer towards the mage. She took a moment to examine the Mage Genius, before she waved her staff over his head. Her eyes were closed as she focused her magic onto the mage, but it abruptly flew open, and she suddenly took a step back. "It can't be..."

This was most likely a sign that the angel knew what was going on, and Harith took this chance to give her a brief explanation. "So we actually lied to you. The blonde boy you checked on yesterday was actually Harley's other self. It sounds crazy, but there's actually another world–"

"I'm aware of that," Rafaela said, her face sober. Her eyes landed onto Harley, and she started waving her staff around while whispering words from a foreign language. Harith didn't know what was actually happening, but he could tell that it was bad, judging by the serious look on the angel's face. "His other self's connection has grown too strong on him, Harith. And it's not in a good way. I can sense a great feeling of sorrow, and it's going to affect Harley if I don't cut it off."