six.

[ 6. ]
BABYSITTING JOB

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
༶•┈┈┈♛ ♛┈┈┈•༶

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
note: sorry for the late update. it was
kinda hard to write this chapter
for some weird reason...

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"If you're in danger, run, okay?"

"Okay."

"Don't try to fight on your own."

"Okay."

"Harley, are you even listening to me?"

"O–"

Harley was snapped out of his trance, and he realised that he hadn't been concentrating to what Harith was saying. Slowly, he looked up, and he gave the leonin an apologetic look when he found him with his arms crossed and his face annoyed. He wasn't sure what had gotten him distracted, but it was enough for him to lose his focus while Harith was talking to him.

"Sorry," Harley responded, giving the older mage a sheepish smile. Awkwardly, he scratched the back of his head. "What were you saying again?"

Harith sighed, before he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Just don't get yourself in danger. If you're in trouble, get help. Understand?"

Now, Harley was concerned. This was the first time Harith was looking at him so worriedly, and it made him wonder whether the leonin knew something he doesn't. "Harith, is something–"

"Harith!"

Harley and Harith tilted their heads, only to find Kimmy appearing at the front door. The mage marksman looked like she had been running—with her forehead covered in sweat and her breathing heavy—but her face immediately looked irritated when she spotted the leonin.

"What are you waiting for?" Kimmy asked, gesturing for Harith to follow her. "Hurry up, the others are waiting already!"

"Wait, hold on. I need to say goodbye to–"

"You two can kiss later," Kimmy said, grabbing Harith by the arm and dragging him. She glanced over her shoulder before waving at Harley. "Bye, Harley!"

Harley could only smile before waving back.

"Kimmy, wait!" Harith groaned, struggling to get out of the mage marksman's grasp. When his efforts of escaping from her grip was futile, he could only look back and say, "Harley, please take care of yourself! I love you!"

That one sentence made Harley's smile falter, and he looked at the leonin longingly as he disappeared in the distance.

He was surely going to miss him.

It took him a while before he realised that he was just standing at the front door, and he shook his head to avoid himself from pondering again.

Harith was only going to be gone for a day, and he could always do something entertaining while he waits for him to get back. Since he had no training, maybe he could head out and buy food? But the idea of him going out alone was boring, and it wasn't as if he didn't have anything to eat tonight. He tried figuring out other things he could do, but nothing was giving him motivation to do it. If only Lesley wasn't on a mission too, he could've hung out with her.

In the end, he ended up cleaning the house. He washed the plates, did the laundry, vacuumed the floor—basically, he did all of the house chores. It left him hungry and slightly tired, but at least he was able to pass some time with it.