seven.

[ 7. ]
OTHER HARITH

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
༶•┈┈┈♛ ♛┈┈┈•༶

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It had been such an exhausting battle for everyone, especially for Harith. It had been a while since he went on a mission, so he had forgotten how tiring it would be after one. His head drooped a little as he walked, with his shoulders sagged, and he wanted to do nothing else but go home and throw his arms around Harley the moment he sees him. He had missed the Mage Genius so much, there was never a time where the mage wasn't on his mind.

He had been worried that something might happen to Harley—especially since Aurora told him that Harley was in danger—but after he had told the guards not to let his other self in, he felt like the mage was in good hands. The guards had told him that they thought it was him when Other Harith first came, and he had to explain to them that it was actually his other self from another world. They finally understood who his other self was, and they had promised him that they wouldn't let his other self trespass. So now, there was no way Other Harith could enter the academy without sounding the alarms. Unless he had a death wish, he could go ahead and try.

"Man, I suddenly feel so hungry," Claude said, patting his belly. Dexter, who was sitting on his shoulder, nodded his head in agreement. "Ugh, I regret not joining Gatotkaca and Chou at the cafeteria."

Kimmy let out a sigh, before she shook her head. She then whirled around to face the male marksman with a scowl. "You knew we had just finished a mission, yet you were the one who didn't want to eat just now. It's your fault."

"Can you blame me?" Claude asked, placing a hand over his chest as he feigned a sad look. "I mean, I don't have enough money right now, and the cafeteria's good food are all expensive. Of course I didn't want to eat."

Harith inwardly shook his head. He had known Claude too well to know where this was going. It wouldn't take long before the marksman would–

"Harith?" Claude called, and Harith was unfazed when an arm was suddenly wrapped around his shoulder. "Don't you want to help your best buddy out?"

Harith shot the marksman an indifferent look, before crossing his arms over his chest. He knew what Claude really wanted, but if he wanted something, the least he could do was be specific. "What are you trying to imply exactly, Claude?"

A nervous chuckle escaped the marksman's lips, and he abruptly fiddled with his fingers. There was an innocent look on Claude's face, and Harith merely raised a brow at the marksman's expression. "I know Harley always cooks you dinner whenever you come back from a mission, so would it hurt to share...?"

A vein seemed to protrude at Kimmy's temple, and Claude yelped when she suddenly pulled his ear. "Stop acting shameless, you idiot. I can cook you something when we get back."

Claude pouted. "But you always heat up whatever's left in the fridge whenever we finish a mission. I mean, look at Harley, he always cooks Harith dinner even if he's–"

Harith could've sworn that if Kimmy was a dragon, she would blow out fire from her mouth at this very moment. He could see the mage marksman already rolling up her sleeves, ready to beat the crap out of Claude—who seemingly has a death wish of his own—and he better do something before Kimmy actually beats her partner into a pulp.

"Both of you can have dinner at my place!" Harith suddenly said, with his arms outstretched in front of him. He was ready to pull Kimmy if she ever leaps onto Claude, but thank goodness the mage marksman had her focus onto him right now. "I mean, Harley wouldn't mind. And I'm sure you both are really tired, so why not we have dinner at my place?"