《CHAPTER THREE》

PHILIPPINES' POV

I know I had a bad day earlier but, everything became okay when I reached my home. I smiled at my parents who were happy to see me home. Mom hugged me so tight and told me she missed me so much. Dad was cooking dinner in the kitchen. I can smell my favorite food, adobong kangkong.

I walked to my room and on the way, I saw Kuya Del go out of his room. I continued walking in. I threw my bag to my bed and got my clothes to change my uniform.

I would rather choose to stay in the house than go to school. I wanna be with my parents and my brother forever. I felt safe under our family's roof and there, outside, was so dangerous.

I rushed to the kitchen to join my family to eat dinner. As usual, my dad would ask me how was school. I told him it was fine and I had a little problem with America and Spain. I'm not allowed to hide secrets from my parents. I told them what happened earlier. My mom said to me that it is better to be away from those people for a few hours or days to prevent being involved in quarreling. I said thank you for her advice.

After cleaning myself, I laid myself on the bed and closed my eyes... until Martial spoke again.

'Phil.'

"Yes?"

'How does it feel to have a parent?'

Another sudden thought from him. "I-It's good. Why do you ask?"

'I... I never had one.'

I sat up. Woah, this one's serious. "W-What do you mean you didn't have one?"

'No. I had one but, I can't remember them. You were so lucky that you're still with your parents.'

"You cannot at least remember their names? Their faces?"

'N-no, but sometimes I could hear a voice singing a lullaby. Every time before I sleep, I hear the voice.'

There's a sudden silence between us.

"Take the day tomorrow."

'A-Ayo--'

●●●●○

MARTIAL LAW'S POV
The Next Day

This is hell. This is a joke.

Why did he give me the reality? What is he thinking?

The students inside the school will see me walking, using Philip's body. They will see his colors were different. What would they think about it? What would they say?

'JUST WALK, MARTIAL LAW.'

Okay! Okay! Fine. I started walking to the door but when I was near it, I stopped. I laughed at myself. "Phil, I'm done with high school. Why would I enter this school? You should be recorded as absent."

'I'm giving you a chance to live in the reality.'

"WHAT WOULD I SAY IF THEY ASK ME WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR COLORS?"

'Tell them you used face paint and you made fun of yourself.'

I sighed. This is the dumbest thing I have done in my life.

I pushed the door open and the noise blew me. This school is even noisier than a real war. I was examining my surroundings. I saw the others whispering something they noticed about me. They must be creating questions now.