Julian Deverok - Names (Female Reader)

Requested by AshSeadreamer & Niallsgirl68

- Julian x Pregnant Reader
- Female Reader

Woah! An update! I hope you enjoy this one, sorry about not updating. I can't exactly promise it'll get better, but thank you for reading 💕💕 I still read all the comments though, they're actually hillarious- thank you for making my day <3

---

You were sitting inside your cottage at the dining table, half asleep. You had woken up extra early to avoid the heat, since it seemed to sneak up on you even in later months. You yawned, pushing your chair back and heading towards the door. Just as you were about to open it, however, you saw Julian stumble out of your bedroom.

You looked over at him as he yawned, taking this chance to open the door and step outside, hoping he would meet you. You sighed and rubbed your eyes, seeing the sun start to come out from the corner of your eye. You sat down in one of the chairs on the porch and watched the sky brighten, the bitter air biting at you.

You heard the door open behind you and looked over, seeing Julian in his undershirt and shorts. He smiled at you and you returned it, until you saw his bed head, making you burst into a short term laugh. He followed your gaze and rolled his eyes, furiously brushing it over to its normal place.

"Good Morning, Dearest love of my life." He smiled. You groaned. "That's the cheesiest line yet." He grinned something wide and walked over to you. "Oh, my darling beauty that makes the sun shine on even the darkest of days~ Everytime you open your mouth I want to marry you all over again~." You sighed, a smile finding its way to your lips.

"You're extra extra today, aren't you Jules?" You leaned over to peck his cheek, making him blush slightly. You'd think he'd be used to kisses from his wife by now, but he was still the affectionate mess you fell in love with.

"Only for you." He replied. His eyes travelled to your stomach, though there wasn't much of a difference quite yet.
"Do you want to go inside? Drink something? I can make you breakfast." Julian mumbled a string of words that made you shake your head, taking his hand in yours. He stopped and looked up at you, giving you a sheepish smile.

"I just want to spend time with you." You said. He laughed nervously. "I...yeah? Yes, well, um...I'm sorry, I'm not much help." You closed your eyes for a moment, thinking. The sun began to shine through your lids, making the top half of your eyes seem red. You opened them again and turned to him, placing your hand on his cheek.

He leaned into it and sighed. "You're much more dramatic about the baby then I am." You mumbled. He began to apologize when you interrupted him. "I appreciate it Julian." He looked a bit shocked, sitting up straight in his chair. "It doesn't feel very different yet...but I know it's going to be hard. It's hard on everyone, isn't it?" You asked.

He hummed, glancing down again before meeting your gaze. You smiled, making his stare soften. "You know that I can't do this without you Julian..." Your voice became quiet. He moved closer to you and you pulled your hand away, now holding them both. You pressed your palms flat against his before intertwining your fingers.

He looked into your eyes, another nervous smirk dancing on his lips. "God, I love you." You squeezed his hands. "I love you more. So know, that even if you're simply sitting with me, you're helping." You nudged your nose against his and he laughed before pressing his lips against yours.

The kiss was short, but sweet, and he pulled away with a grin. "I'm really happy you're here, (Y/n)." You blushed slightly, smiling. "This is nothing short of a dream, so promise not to wake me up." He smirked, throwing another line into the conversation. You sighed, combatting it with your own remark.

"Only when the baby's crying." He laughed and leaned back, still slightly tense, but much better compared to before. "Oh, and another thing, love. Portia's been making bets." You looked up at him, confused. "Bets?" "Mhm, we were chatting the other day. She's positively sure it's a girl."

You held your arms over your stomach. "You two were already talking about it! Am I really that large? Now you have me thinking." You pouted. He laughed. "No, no no no, Darling you're beautiful. And you forever will be. Anyways, you can't say you haven't thought about their gender." You slowly uncovered your stomach. "What do you mean?"

He smiled and shrugged. "When you found out, you were already looking at any and every doll in the market." You laughed. "That had nothing to do with the baby!" He laughed. "Would you like a doll for your birthday then, dear? I'd be happy to find one." You pouted and sat back in your chair. "Fine! I admit it, but it's all Asra's fault. He has me thinking about it now." You said quickly.

Julian's mood dampened a bit with the mention of the magician, but that was only because it was a hard subject when it came to their relationship. He was sure that even the slightest mention of you being pregnant would cause Asra to...well, he wasn't sure exactly what he would do, but he couldn't imagine it being pleasant.

Julian cleared his throat. "What do you mean?" You had let go of his hands, now fumbling with the hem of your shirt as you spoke, twirling a loose  thread around your finger. "I went over to Asra's shop to catch up with him for a bit, and the baby came up." Julian cocked a brow at you. "How? I mean, not that I have a problem. I swear, I don't. But you don't exactly look pregnant yet." He laughed.

You shrugged, standing up and walking over to lean against the door frame. "We were speaking of Muriel, apparently he found a few wolf pups following him around a bit ago. We were thinking of names." You paused. "Of course, I mentioned the baby to him. He just had such beautiful names for those wolves." You laughed, stretching the truth. Julian rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on. Tell me what happened!" You laughed. "Okay. Muriel really did find some more wolves, though. Anyway, I went over to tell him about the baby and we were thinking of names together. He mentioned you, too." You glanced over at him, worried for his reaction.

Conversing with your husband's past lover (and your own previous lover) about your baby seemed like an awkward conversation, but you knew Asra, and you knew it wouldn't be weird for him. It was Julian you were worried for. Julian matched your gaze, before mumbling. "What'd he say?"

You smiled. "Curious enough, he was happy for you. He said you'd treat me right. He had you pegged." A look of surprise crossed his face before he smiled. "Next time you see him, tell him I said thanks." You nodded, pushing the door open to go inside.

"It's getting warm out here, do you want to go inside?" You started walking in as Julian leapt up off the chair to follow you. "Erm, yes, but hold on a moment. I want to know the names you thought of." You turned around, grinning. "Well, I'm really not sure of any yet, but there were a few I liked." He smiled. "Oh really?" You looked up, thinking. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe...Conan, Beth, Alex...Oh! One of the ones he mentioned was really quite beautiful, I'd been meaning to tell you." Julian had a small smile on his face, as if permanent. "And what would that be?" You smiled brightly.

"Valerie."