chapter 6

Pokey Oaks Kindergarten and other Townsville schools were officially closed for the day as called by the working men. The parents decided to stay home from work in order to take care of their children. Kenny was very edgy with the Professor being in jail and grew very deathly worried about the girls since they didn't know where their father was and who knows where they could've gotten into now? Kenny tried to distract himself by feeding the pet of his former teacher.

"Hey, Valentino..." Kenny greeted, remembering the name of Ms. Keane's cat from hearing it before. He then used a can opener and splotted the wet, fowl to him smelling tuna, but delicious for the feline.

Valentino mewed, then started to eat his breakfast.

"Kenny, I tried calling your parents, but the phone's been disconnected it seems," Ms. Keane came toward her guest. "Is there something you're not telling me?"

"Ms. Keane... My parents are gone..." Kenny finally admitted.

"Gone?" the teacher looked at him. "Gone where?"

Kenny blinked slowly and sighed softly. "They're... gone gone, Ms. Keane... They got hurt and they can't come back..."

Ms. Keane cupped her mouth suddenly as her face paled. "Your parents died because of the girls?"

"They were just playing!" Kenny nearly yelled at the woman for blaming the girls for the destruction of Townsville like almost every other citizen had done. "It's not their fault, they thought they were playing a game!"

"Yes, but their game costed a lot of money in damages!" Ms. Keane told him in a strict teacher tone like she would with a fussy child.

"They didn't mean to hurt Townsville and it's citizens," Kenny tried to calm her. "They're only children!" he then got up and went to the door.

"Kenny, where are you going?"

"I'm going out for some air... I'll see you later, Ms. Keane."

"Kenny...?"

The boy was leaving. He couldn't believe even a sweet teacher like Ms. Keane was calling out the girls. He kept walking, but felt a little calm once he came to the Townsville Zoo. He remembered the various field trips going there, it was always exciting to be in the zoo up close. One time he was in a place called zoo camp. It was a day camp at the zoo and the zoo keepers would show kids about the animals, let them watch animal shows, and even get to see the zoo kitchen were there would be plastic bags of frozen white mice for lions, a packet of frozen, bloody meat for tigers, and frozen raw fish for bears. Oh, my. To his surprise, he had seen the girls there.

"Girls, you're okay!" Kenny rushed to them and picked them up into a hug.

"Kenny!" the girls beamed.

"Kenny, we missed you a lot!" Bubbles beamed.

"Yeah, what's up, Ken?" Buttercup added.

"What happened?" Blossom asked. "We didn't see you or the Professor after school."

"I'm sorry, girls, but something bad has happened," Kenny tried to explain. "About the Professor-"

"Come along, girls, we got work to do!" a voice called.

"Huh?" Kenny looked around.

"Sorry, Kenny, we gotta go... Our new friend is calling us." Blossom said softly.

"New friend?" Kenny asked.

"We'll explain it to you later, you and the other people in Towsnville are gonna love this!" Bubbles sprouted.