Chapter Eleven: A Weapon Beyond My Class, Crafted By The Ignorance Of The Master

Winter was getting colder, harsher and darker. Three months had passed since Nugget's promise that he still loves Felix. You would think that would be enough time for Felix to be over with moping over himself, but you'd be wrong. Felix cried himself to last night about what he had said and the fact that they would never be together, while Nugget was doing the opposite.

Nugget was busy at a sewing machine at the bottom of the Nugget Cave, he had crafted it using spare parts when he wanted to make his products faster. He wasn't worked alone though! Lily was too inexperienced in Nugget's opinion, plus he didn't want to pay her. So he found a candidate that had potential to help Nugget, and demanded no pay from him.

Nugget flipped a switch of different machine next to him and started to collect the shredded flower remains.
"Tenders is a very helpful assistant and companion." He said to his kitten stroking Tenders' soft fur, and using his other hand to feed the feline a nugget.

He pulled the shredded flower remains on his bed and started the process of making thread. While this would be his last effort towards his business for the night, the thread would then be woven into cloth and then sewn into clothes like dresses and fitted with whole Soulmate Flowers. It was a lengthy process, but it paid well for the sentimental value to customers.

Nugget finished up the thread, put it in the side table down and turned off the lights. He fell asleep then and there on the soft mattress and bedding. Tenders jumped up and fitted herself into the crook of Nugget's arm, drifting off as well.

Just when it seemed that Nugget had drifted off, Tenders was nibbling on his hair. He grabbed the ginger and held her up to his face.

"Tenders should learn that Nugget's hair does not consist of edible material."

What had seemed like several minutes was in reality several hours. At least that's what the clock said on the table, and since Tenders was unable to change the clock, it was time to rise and shine. Nugget carefully packed up the dresses and a few other items, filled Tenders plate with some Nugget breakfast and headed to school. Nugget had been getting a lot of less sleep nowadays, but it'll be worth it, he'll make up the hours of sleep he lost, he wasn't going to give up. Of course the ideal amount he wanted to have would take several more months of this system, but what he has now plus some savings from other entrepreneurial advances from past projects would fill the gap.

Thankfully people showed up, sales went through, and the funds were obtained. Nugget nervously went through the entire day, hoping that no one would notice the hidden case, that held something important. The day went mostly smoothly, apart from Nugget skipping lunch because there was no way that he was going to risk a run in with Buggs. The school day was over but each minute had so much weight. So many things can go wrong with Nugget's plan, but this had to work.

During the school day, Felix had left a note to Nugget hidden in one of the places that he had told him to leave notes. He wanted to talk really quick, which usually meant that Felix wanted to talk about something cruel and sad or that he wanted to be around him for a few minutes. But this time he had a strange expression.
"What are you doing? You've been acting strange all day!"

"Nugget has a present prepared for his Soulmate."

"A.....present?"

"Nugget's present will be ready soon, his Soulmate should go home now."

Felix nodded and started around the school to get to the front but stopped.