Chapter 11

Cheryl and Toni spent the night talking and just being in each-others presence. The feeling that they got that night, being together was like no other. Things really weren't the same anymore and they never would be. It felt different, everlasting.

It was later on the next day when Toni opened her eyes and saw Cheryl's exposed body laying in front of her. She looked like magic. She was hers for years now but Toni would still wake up, not believing it fully. She got even closer to her and started kissing her shoulder, then tracing her back with her warm lips that felt so nice against Cheryl's skin. She went up to her neck, getting Cheryl's hair out of the way. She started waking up and Toni noticed her smile with her eyes still closed. Cheryl moaned lightly, bitting her bottom lip, still smiling.

"Hi."-Toni whispered in her ear. "I'm sorry but I just can't get enough of you."

"I haven't woken up like this in a while."-Cheryl said, with a sleepy voice.

"We should change that."-Toni said, with her arm around Cheryl's waist.

She turns to face Toni. It had been a long time since they had woken up late in the day and been so unbothered about it.

"Come here."-Cheryl said, opening her arms up for her wife. Toni smiled like a kid, jumping close to her.

"I actually fell asleep last night, excited about waking up today. That's crazy, I can't remember the last time I felt that way."-Toni said.

"I know, I felt the same."-Cheryl said. "I'm not excited about unpacking, though."

"You shouldn't. Cheryl, I was serious about moving into a new house."-Toni sat in front of her, with her legs crossed.

"We will but we don't have to do it right away. We can move in next year."-Cheryl said.

"Is that what you want?"-Toni asked.

"I want many things. First..."-Cheryl said, getting up and grabbing her Louis Vuitton burgundy bag. "This."

She pulled out her divorce papers with Toni.

"I thought you didn't want to divorce me anymore."-Toni said, teasing her.

"Maybe we should keep them just in case."-Cheryl said.

"Are you serious?"-Toni asked.

"Yeah. You never know, they might come in handy. When you don't want to take Yoshi out or you pick a movie that I hate..."-Cheryl said.

"Or you don't want to give up the million pieces of clothing that you never wear..."-Toni said. "I agree."

"I'm glad you can joke about this now."-Cheryl said.

"I just can't believe you filed for divorce."-Toni said.

"With your agreement. You wanted this as well."-Cheryl said. "Besides, I never signed them."

"Why didn't you?"-Toni asked.

"I guess I wasn't ready to give up, as much as I tried to convince myself otherwise."-Cheryl said.

"Imagine if we had both signed them. I'd only be the mistress that you come back to have sex with."-Toni laughed.

"That sounds intriguing, I might like that better."-Cheryl said.

"Okay, let's destroy these before you actually reconsider your decisions. You're starting to scare me."-Toni said.

Cheryl opened up the file, held the papers on her hands, took a deep breath, looked at Toni then ripped them apart. Once and then again, until they were into pieces.