Akropolis

Akropolis

Book 1

Recorded by Dr. Phillip Blatty

December 14th

11:26 am

"Can you recall the last dream you had?"

"Do you mean daydream or nightdream?"

"A dream is a dream...do you recall?"

"I do."

"And what was the dream?"

"I don't think you would understand."

"What makes you believe that?"

"The fact that you don't think it matters."

"...I do not understand."

"I know...there is a fundamental difference in day and night. On a certain level your consciousness is aware. A dream in the light of day is not the same as the one in the dark."

"Are you afraid of the dark?"

"Are you?"

"This is about you."

"I know...believe me I know."

"The dream."

"Oh yes...the dream...I recall it."

"Would you like to talk about it?"

"Maybe...maybe I want to tell you everything...all the events that led me here.

"I'm listening."

"Do you have to respond to everything I say?"

"............"

"Thank you for that...anyways, I do want to tell you about the dream...I want to tell you because I don't understand it myself...and I feel that I should."

"Why do you feel that way?"

"Because I remember things and I don't...and the things I remember may or may not be real."

"Dreams are not real."

"I knew you were going to say that. But here's the thing...my dreams often feel more real than this place. So what does that say of me? Am I real or is what I know not?"

"I don't-"

"Please...please don't say it...I know you don't. You never will. Dreams are...fickle things to you, projections based on memories and experiences. What I'm saying is what if the memories themselves are flawed, unreliable? Does that mean we can only rely on our dreams to tell the truth?"

"The memories you have are not flawed. They are a part of the Cloud. All our memories are. They are recorded as experienced."

"So you say."

"It is the truth."

"Truth? I think there is your truth and then there is mine. For instance, why have I been brought here?"

"You are here so that I may help you."

"You're going to help me?"