Chapter four: The Secret Life of Winn

Winn stood in her kitchen looking through her bills. Her favorite time of the day is being home, her holographic human form gone, wearing a hoodie a size too big and sweat pants too. Like most Irkans her skin was an avocado green, and her eyes a sort of darker shade of green that made her eyes seem larger and prettier like jade.
"Who knew being a home owner had this many bills, I almost miss the apartment." She thought aloud.

She signed off on the bills and put them away so they could get paid off. She liked owning a home, two bedrooms, two bath, a large kitchen to enjoy cooking, now that was her favorite thing to do. Unlike most humans or Irkans, she wasn't a snacker, nah, she was a culinary artist. Everyday she made the effort to make a meal fit for a king. She loved it. Today, for dinner she wanted to make a Japense classic of beef ramen and onion.
She chopped the onions finely, boiled the noodles just right, baked the meat to put in the boil. Then, when she was done she sat at her table... alone to enjoy her meal.

As she ate, she thought, like she usually does. Something about that Dib kid, she could read him like a book. He most likely had a parent that disses his beliefs or neglects his ideas, maybe a sibling that does the same but follows through his ideas. As for Zim, always trying to prove himself, a fake form of confidence, most likely a loser where he's from. He tries to ignore it, but she sees it in his eyes that he's hurt, very deeply, he was ignorant but not stupid.

Winn felt bad for Dib and Zim and found parallel between the two, as for their relationship she leaned back in her chair thoughtfully. These two are neglected by their inner circles and society, starved of attention and wanting a strong need to be listened to. She saw it in the two boys, they need each other because of their similarities but due to beliefs they can't accept that. They give each other attention that they crave.

Finishing her meal she washed the dishes, she recalled a time, about 120 years ago when she was a youngling. She too was starved of attention and wanting, starved of emotion... Everyday she thanks her lucky stars of a good, fresh start on Earth many years ago. She rubbed her PAKless back remembering the pain of removing it, it was a struggle to survive without it, she had to learn languages, eat and sleep, and be more human than Irkan. But, she loved her life.. She was free. But, others like Zim and Dib are bound by their ideals and society, told what they should think or do...
As she prepared for bed she looked at herself in the mirror, she made a promise... to make Dib and Zim feel wanted.. To make them happy for once in their lives.