The Rules

I was going to a little gathering with my friends. I was told that there was a new boy that they wanted me to meet. I honestly wasn't in the mood for a new person to date. My last boyfriend just dumped me because he said I, "Stay home a lot playing video games and eating junk food." Although I'm not fat so I don't know what he was complaining about.

I backfired by saying that he cheated. In which he did. It broke my heart, and as cheesy as it sounds, I don't really trust boys other than my closest guy friends.

I turned off my headlights and turned the ignition off, getting out of the car and looking at the view of the house. Same as always. I quickly ran across the street, and knocked on the door waiting for the door to open.

I screamed as a boy with a banana suit opened the door roaring. I didn't recognize him, and quickly ran past the boy into the hallway and to my destination, the living room. I was met by my best friends, and I hugged them all and sat down, with an empty seat next to me.

I knew that the boy in the banana suit was obviously going to sit there, and I felt embarrassed. We looked to our right, seeing the boy was now in a casual flannel with a black shirt underneath, and skinny jeans that fit onto his legs perfectly.

He sat on my right, and Andrew went to get something. May started Speaking up and broke the awkward silence. "So, Rose, this is Calum. Calum this is Rose." She gestured her hands towards the both of us, and we turned. I got to see his face clearly, as he was quite cute.

"Hello." He said. He had an Australian accent, and I thought that certain accents were hot. I replied with a soft hello and we shook hands smiling. I turned back around to see May gushing. Vince had a straight face, and all of us smiled as we saw Andrew come into the room.

"So, I have a little surprise. I found this in an antique store and I though that we could maybe play?" "Depends." I replied.

He opened up the gift wrapped box and it revealed to be an ouiji board. "Nu-uh" May got up and almost left, but Andrew grabbed her arm just in time, and she softened, and sat back down. You could tell that May was attracted to Andrew. I mean, come on. He's like a Ken doll with no cosmetic surgeries or makeup.

"So. Uh, you know how there are rules with every game?" We all nodded our heads and he continued. "The first rule is that after you play, you always have to say goodbye. Otherwise, the spirit will be in our world." I shivered at the thought. I didn't think this whole thing was real, but I was still cautious.

"The second rule is-wait I forgot the second rule. Nevermind. Anyways the third rule is to never treat it as a game. It's a communicator to the spirit world. Which is why I should have said game before." "Is that it?" Calum asked. "Well yeah." Andrew replied as if it was the most dumbest question ever asked.

"Let's begin then."