Part Seven: Facing Conflict

"Are you sure that is what Galo said?" Varys asked Aina. The next day, the spunky pink haired girl came to work alone. Lynsey sat up from the floor and brushed herself off with a look of worry on her face.

"Yeah. I found him tied up in a cave screaming how the Burnish did this to him. Then afterwards he took off to talk to Governor Foresight after their leader said he was the real villain or something." Aina explained.

"Well, he hasn't shown up at base...no thanks to our new superstar here." Remi pointed to Lynsey, who had her arms crossed.

"What did I do?" She objected. "I did nothing-"

"Exactly!" Remi snapped back. "You and your little sob story isn't going past me. What are you, a special snowflake?"

"Remi! Stop that!" Lucia yelled at him.

"What has she done for us lately? We did all of the work and she gets the superstar treatment. Well, I have had it!" Remi pushed Lynsey down onto the ground and she immediately took off running out the firehouse. Aina tried to call her back, but she didn't listen.
————————————————————————
"You had one job..." Kray Foresight growled as he stared down at Vulcan. "Due to your lack of ability, the Mad Burnish has escaped along with all prisoners we had."

"Pah! He was caught once, so we can definitely do it again." He crossed his arms, not amused.

"Do you think this is a joke? Thousands of lives are at stake here and you dare mock me?" Kray slammed his fist into his desk. Vulcan immediately felt intimidated, shrinking himself down.

"No...uh, SIR! I am not u-underestimating you at all, SIR!" The leader of Freeze Force began to cower at his boss's fierce glare.

"Ahem. I hate to interrupt." Biar loudly walked into the office with her high heels. "There is a 'Miriam Godfrey' to see you in the lobby."

Kray's eyes lit up at the name and stood up. "You're excused, Vulcan. Do whatever it takes to find the Burnish refugees and that little brat!"

Vulcan saluted him and took off. Kray motioned Biar to bring his guest in. The elevator dinged, and in the doors was Miriam and two guards.

"Come in, Mrs. Godfrey. Biar, guards, please leave us in peace." He commanded with such grace. "Have a seat, please."

"I'll stand, thank you. It shouldn't take too long." She said with a raspy voice. Her clothes were tattered and her hair looked like a bird's nest.

"My condolences about the fire two months ago...if this is about housing arrangements, we can-"

"No. That won't be necessary."

"Very well. So, what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked with politeness, but deep down, he wanted the filthy rat out of his sight.

"Governor, I have come here for a favour."

"Hmm?" Suddenly, she caught his interest. He raised an eyebrow, and motioned her to carry on.

"I am asking you...to save my daughter."
————————————————————————
Meanwhile, in an unknown location, Meis and Gueria were tuning their reception on an old television.

"You're not getting any closer, dude." Gueria groaned, eyes glued to the static screen. He had a bored expression on his face, while his fisted hand held up his head.

Meis gave him a pissed off look, putting his hands on his hips. He then smacked the top of the TV with his fist and then the static turned off. A catchy news like intro played as the words 'Star of The Week' flew by.