Act #26

Act #26

"Good morning Baby."

"Good morning Mum." I gave her a hug and grab a bottle of apple juice from the refrigerator.

"Good morning Sweetie, you're going off for the weekends?" Dad smile while sipping his coffee.

"Good morning Dad. Yup, Charlotte and I are going to visit Leah." I grinned, I am elated and looking forward to meet Leah. I wondered how's the girl now.

I finished the last bite of my breakfast and say goodbyes to mum. Dad send me off to the railway station where I will be meeting Charlotte.

"Be careful sweetie, and take care."

"Okay and thanks Dad." I gave him a bear hug, I'm really lucky to have such a great dad who love and care for me.

I say my goodbyes to Dad as he left when Charlotte arrived. We bought our tickets and waited for the train excitedly.

I'm elated, this is my first railway train trip. Mendel here we go!

We were chuckling like little kids who were having an outing. Strangers glanced at us and shake their head a little and chuckled. We kept our volume to minimum awkwardly. Somehow Charlotte managed to get me to tell her the first time I met Dylan at Mendel. That day was still crystal clear in my head. All I know was telling her how beautiful his electric blue eyes were.

She laughed at me, “I think that's love at first sight."

"Nah...Nonsense."

"It's true, either one you know it but you are lying to yourself or two you don't even know you love him. No it's you like him."

Maybe it's true.

I like him.

Even though I always see him like my brother. OH no I had a crush on my brother's best buddy.

"How's your date with Edwin?"

"Stop changing subject. Okay I will not bug you about that anyway I will leave you with your answer."

Wow, she speaks like Wayne.

Maybe this weekend’s break I can think about it.

***

We checked in to the hotel near Leah's apartment, it's a ten minutes’ walk. It's two days before Leah's seventeenth birthday and we are planning to have an advanced celebration for her.

We wanted to spend tomorrow night with her but not everyone will be managed to be there. Evelyn and Clare have flown to Gaudium last night and will be reaching in the evening just in time for the party. Ian has agreed to help us up, making arrangement.

Charlotte and I will be meeting Leah after her work and we will be having dinner at the nearby Chinese Diner, Leah's favourite before we head back to her apartment.

"Hey girls!" The familiar babbling voice rang.

"Leah!" We gave her a big bear hug while ignoring weird stares from strangers. Yes we are in the middle of the street, to be exact not really.

"Wait. Can't. Breath."

We let go of her and chuckled while she takes a deep breathe and sigh with a smile.

"Let's go." We linked our hands together heading to the diner as we chat.

The lift signals us with its signature 'ding'. Leah found her jiggling keys with ease while Charlotte and I smiled. This is going to work. Evelyn and Clare have arrived an hour ago helping up Ian with the decoration.