Act #15

Act #15

"Are you all right?" A voice retrieves me back to Earth.

I looked up at the brown haired teenager who was wearing a semi- formal suit with a bow tie. He was one of the singers on the stage before the event started.

"I'm fine, thank you." I replied not knowing what to say.

A wide smile appeared on his face and he continued, "I'm Dylan, by the way are you lost?”

"Not really, I was just exploring around." I told him the truth and regretted walking around. I felt like a magnet of troubles.

"Gina! There you are. I have been finding you!" Kelvin's voice came.

"Yo Dylan!" He continued to start a conversation with the guy who 'saved' me from falling.

They were about to start a conversation and I told Kelvin I will head back to the foyer so they could talk.

"Don't get lost kiddo." He chuckled.

"Yes Dad." I added with a laugh and left awkwardly.

***

I was not exactly finding my way back, I wanted to explore this place before I leave, I know that I will have a plenty of chances to come back here but part of me want to get out of the crowd. Yes, I hate a huge crowd, with the addition questions they would ask about me. The Andersons is a well-known family here and I do know maybe these people already know the fact but it was still bothering me. To be honest, I still could not believe everything that happened within a few days. It felt weird. My life actually turned upside down maybe in a good way. I took the opportunity and went to the garden when my parents were busied with the auction while I assumed Kelvin was still having conversation with the guy named Dylan.

I sat near the water fountain, it was a beautiful night, the stars were hanging up there in the navy blue sky and it sparkle, I wish to see a shooting stars. I was enjoying being alone for a while before I heard sounds of footsteps coming towards me. I should have at least taken a look but I ignored it.

"Hello." The familiar voice spoke to me.

I turned and I knew who the person was and he came to sit next to me.

"Hi." I replied playing with the pebbles, not looking at him.

"So Kelvin told me about you, Regina right?" Dylan started a conversation.

"Well...you seems to be interested in this building, do you want me to give you a tour about this place?" He asked without waiting for my reply.

"Sure." I think this will be a good idea, firstly, I could get away from the crowd and secondly, I can get to know this place.

***

Dylan gave me a tour around this enormous palace, it was a palace and it was called the Mendel. It was obviously belonged to the Mendels but it was then given to the government as a historical site for the people to visit. I saw the portraits of the great royalty hung on the huge grand hallway walls. One that caught my eyes was the portrait of Princess Marissa; she has an adorable heart shape face, her smooth wavy long brown hair that sweep to her left shoulder, she has the blissful smile and the familiar electric blue eyes. Dylan let me take some time looking at the wall frames before processing to a tour around the huge magnificent palace.I get to enter various restrict palace. There were signs of restrict but Dylan said it was fine as he knew some people who guarded the palace and they will not mind us going to these areas. Dylan seems to be a professional tour guide here. He told me the history of this palace and many more details. I felt like I am walking with an open history book, he was really great.

"Are you sure, we can enter this room?" I pointed at the sign.

"It's all right and for the tenth time, I'm sure." He repeated that again.

We finally reached the last destination of the tour; it was actually the top of the palace. From here, I could see the view of this city. It looked gorgeous especially at night where the light lit up which brighten the bustling city.

We stayed there for a moment as my phone rang, it was from Kelvin. I had to head home soon and Dylan brought me back to the foyer where I supposed to be. I thanked him for the palace tour before going home.

"We will meet again." He said with the angelic smile.

Kelvin was about to give me his all-time worried speech when he saw Dylan he went back to normal.

His voice echoed through my mind as I fell asleep on the way home.