Chapter 3

~ Elena ~

Monday, 4pm

When school was over, I went to the main entrance and waited for Ashly. Ashly came up to me. She looked at me thoughtfully. "Everything okay with you?" I exhaled deeply.

I need to tell her what happened to me with Dylan again. "Well, I bumped into Dylan." she looked at me in shock. "Let's go to my car. You can tell me everything there." I nodded and followed her to her blue BMW i8.

As we sat in her blue BMW, she looked at me expectantly. I took a deep breath and told her what happened.

"And I don't know how I can find him a new phone by tomorrow. I don't have the money!" she looked at me pitifully.

"Damn it, Elena, he's crazy. But don't worry, we'll figure it out." I looked at her questioningly. "How are we gonna figure this out?" I looked out the window and saw Dylan and his friends walking from school to the parking lot. I'm wondering what they're talking about.

"I could ask my parents if they'd give me the money." I turned my gaze from Dylan back to Ashly. "Are you crazy! I don't take money from your parents." she looked at me annoyed. I certainly won't take money from her parents. I will take my own money. Even if I have to work for it. "They don't mind a few dollars more or less, they've got enough money anyway."

Is she serious? Does she think the money grows on the trees? I don't want the money. I rolled my eyes. Ashly, I don't want your money. I have to do this on my own." she exhaled deeply. "All right, well, if you need help, ask me. Understand?" I smiled at her. "All right, I'll do that, thanks, you're the best." now she smiled at me, too. "No problem. I'd do anything for you."

That's why I love her so much. She is always there for me as I am for her. I've been knowing her since I was little.

After this unpleasant conversation, she drove me home.

When I arrived home, I said goodbye to Ashly and got out of the car. I live in a row house on the third floor Apartment with my mother. I unlocked the door of our apartment, took off my shoes and jacket and went to my bedroom. I sat down on my bed and thought about where I was gonna get the money.

I looked around my room and discovered my piggy bank on my shelf. I took down the piggy bank from its shelf, and sat on my bed counting the money. I really hope I have enough money for a new phone. I've had this piggy bank since I was eight years old. I counted the money and finally got $500.

Shit, that's never enough for a new phone. He'll kill me if I don't get him a new phone by tomorrow! I could cry for anger and for rage! I'm so stupid. That should have never happened. I could slap myself in the face with rage. But I wont do it, I don't want to hurt my beautiful face. Ugh, that sounded so cocky.

Concentrate, Elena!

My elbows on my knees and my face in my hands, staring at the floor.

I closed my eyes and thought about where I could get more money.

I will NOT ask my mother for help because I don't want her to know that I am in trouble. For an IPhone X, I need at least $900 if not more.

Fucking shit!

I still need $400 for the iPhone. Wait, I think I still have some money in my desk somewhere, in the birthday and Christmas cards. I went to my desk opened the first drawer and took out all the cards, went back to bed and opened all the cards and found a total of $400. Thank God.

Wow, I found exactly the amount I needed. I got up from bed, took the money, went down to the front door, put on my black Converse and my jacket and was about to open the door when my mother came in from the other side of the door.