teaser

based on Taylor Swift's Love Story

"Mom, why can't I go down there?" Y/N asked from the balcony of her room.

Her parents both forbid her to leave the beautiful confinements of the castle. They were scared that if she left that she would get hurt.

Y/N was always adventurous. They were making up games in the backyard with the dog. She was an only child. The king and queen wished that one day that they could give their daughter another person to play with.

"Because we have to keep you safe and it isn't in the town. Now come here we need to get you ready for the ball."

"Oh." She replied sadly and padded over to the vanity chair. Her head hung low while her mother brushed through her Y/H/C locks. "But I want to play with someone."

"You have Ruffles to play with." The queen tried to cheer the little girl up, but the three-year-old wasn't buying it.

"No, I mean a person. I want to play with a boy or girl my age." Her mom knew how she felt. She used to be the same little girl who wanted to play with someone but never could. Except the reason was that nobody wanted to play with her. She was a little girl in the town at the time. Not like her daughter, who wore little ballgowns and slippers every day. She was running around the palace like a jungle gym. She was in a tiny cottage that had the perfect view of the castle, and all she did was a dream.

"I know, sweetie, but one day you will have someone to play with, and I can promise you that."

"Really?" The little girl's eyes brightened and widened as she looked at her mother.

"Really." The queen responded. "Now, let's go get your dress on." She took the girl's hand and led her to the massive closet in the princess bedroom. "One day." She said under her breath.

--------------------

Today was the day of the ball. The Holland family would be in attendance since the whole kingdom was invited. They were planning to bring their three-year-old son, Thomas Stanley. The invite was to all, and it also included children because of the little princess.

"Tom, come here," Nikki yelled through the tiny cottage. She hears the pounding of little feet as the boy runs around the corner.

"What?" He blandly said because she interrupted his playtime again.

"We have to get you ready for tonight." She said, and the little boy got excited. He wanted to see the inside of the castle for the longest time. He didn't know why, however. But the one thing he was most excited about was the princess. Thomas was told so many stories about her, and he could only imagine how pretty and friendly she was.

"Alright!" He ran over to his mother, and she led him to the small mirror that they owned. They didn't have much. Only the essentials really with a couple of unneeded objects such as the mirror.

Nikki ran her fingers through his hair, trying to fix the flyaway pieces and keep them tame with as little water as possible. Dominic walked in the door seeing that the two were getting fixed up.

"How are you two doing on this fine day?" He beamed and sat down his work things from the day. He wrapped his arms around his wife while she was fixing up their child.

"We are good. Tom has gotten excited about the ball tonight." Dominic looked down, and the boy who was excitedly nodding in agreement.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah!" The boy said.

"Well, it looks like it." His father laughed. "How is our little one?" He asked Nikki rubbing her belly bump.

"Little one is good, but likes kicking today." She laughed and finished Thomas's hair. "Go get dress, Tom." She sent him away to get changed.

Thomas pulled out his nicest clothes. Well, his mother picked them out for him, but he thought he would have picked those out too.

Tonight was going to be fun for the two little children.

----------------------

Word Count: 726