prologue

wc: 2244

wc: 2244

We were both young when I first saw you I close my eyes and the flashbacks starts I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns

See you make your way through the crowd and say hello

{Third Person POV}

The two children were ready for the adventure of the night.

Y/N had put on her favorite dress that her mother had picked out. The queen knew which ones that she liked and disliked.

Tom had just put on his shiniest shoes and was ready to walk out the door with his parents. He was ecstatic about everything that was about to happen.

"Princess Y/N?" Her maid, Claire, popped her head in through the door. The little girl ran towards the door practically tackling the woman. "Hello there. You look beautiful might I say." The princess giggled while thanking the young woman.

Claire was about seventeen years old and was Y/N's nanny. To Y/N, she was her only friend other than Ruffles, her dog. Some would say the princess got lonely which was true. She could only do so much with a dog. Ruffles couldn't even talk back to her.

The princess and Claire would have sword fights in her room and play tag and have fun until her father would interrupt them saying that it was not princess-like and that they had to stop immediately.

The king was very strict. He made sure that his daughter was the perfect image but she was only three years old. He wanted her to grow up knowing that she would be the heir to the throne if they didn't have a son.

"Your mother will be here in just a few minutes to get you. Are you excited?" Claire asked the little princess.

"Yes," She nodded quickly. Y/N couldn't wait to meet everyone especially the children that were going to be there. She might actually find a friend out of this whole night.

"Claire, how nice to see you?" The queen entered the room.

"Yes, my queen. I was just checking on Princess Y/N before she had to go down stairs. I wanted to make sure she didn't go and mess up her dress." She poked the little girl in the side with a smile earning little giggles from the princess.

"Well thank you my dear. Now if you will excuse us, we will be on our way to the ball now." The Queen said. Claire curtsied and left the room.

Y/N admired the dress that her mother was wearing. It was royal blue with gold accents all over. "Your dress mommy. It is pretty." The words being sincere.

"Thank you darling. Your dress is just as beautiful maybe even more." She kneeled down to the level of the tiny girl. She held out her hand for Y/N to take. "Are you ready for your big entrance?"