eight

wc: 2084

wc: 2084

but you were everything to me 

After a while of talking, we left to go to the square where everything was happening. We had to split off from each other towards the end, so we didn't get caught. 

"There you are, darling." My mother sounded relieved when she saw me walking around. "I was getting worried. I couldn't find you." She continued. 

"Sorry, mother. I was talking with some of the people, and I guess I wandered off. I am back. Did you tell father about it, though?" I knew that if she did, I would probably be in trouble later. 

"No, I didn't. You know how he gets sometimes." She rolled her eyes and smiled at me. "I need to warn you about something before it happens." Worry was evident in her tone. 

"W-what is it?" I responded, confused. 

"Your father is going to announce-" She was cut off by a guard getting everyone's attention. 

"The king will now make a proclamation." He shouted. I looked around the crowd and found where Tom was standing. He was looking back at me and gave me a bright smile. I returned it then went back to focusing on my father. 

"On this day of celebration, I would like to announce that..." He started. 

"Y/N, you need to know before, but-" My mother tried to get in before my father finished her sentence. 

"The royal wedding will be in three weeks." Gasps were heard all around, then turned into cheers. I was frozen. Just like the engagement ball, I couldn't move. This was all happening too fast, and I needed to get my head straight. 

I look around, and everyone was cheering for me and congratulating me, that is until I turn and see Tom. Sadness, despair, and loss were all written on his face. Tears were right on the brim of his eyes, but he knew that he had to hold them back. 

I tried to get to him. People were all around me, and I lost sight of him. When I finally get out of the crowd after about a minute. I ran into an alleyway and started to hyperventilate. 

This can't be happening. I knew that the engagement was set in stone, but how could he do this so quickly. It doesn't give me time to figure out how to stop this. I knew how to get to his house, so that's where I was heading. 

I ran, just like when I was with Harrison except faster. 

Before I could make one last turn, I ran right into someone. We both fell to the ground. 

Tom. 

He got up from the ground quickly. 

"Y/N!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "I'm sorry, love. I didn't see you." He sniffled with tears still in his eyes. 

"Tom," I cupped his face and brushed a tear away with my thumb. 

"It has to end for sure now." He started to weep.