one

wc: 2359

wc: 2359

I close my eyes and the flashbacks starts. I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air

So I sneak out to the garden to see you. We keep quiet 'cause we're dead if they knew.

{Y/N's POV} 15 years later.

"Claire, I just need to be alone right now." I had a lot to think about due to the responsibilities building up and overwhelming me, but I needed to calm down.

"Yes, Princess." She nodded and left the room, closing the door.

My nineteenth birthday was tomorrow. My parents, well really my father, was sure that I would have a party. When he means party, he means, "Let's find you a husband," type of thing. I am not too fond of it to be honest because I know whom I want to be with, but I would never get to do that.

He was a townsperson, and my father would never allow it. Heck, we have to sneak around to see each other.

I walk out to my balcony through French glass doors. Once I get to the edge, I look out over the garden. I thought back to the first time that I met the crazy boy at my first ball. We would spin around in the grass. I giggled at the flashback.

The other flashback that came back to me was the second time to meet him. It had been a few years since we were only three years old at the first meeting.

"Pst..." I heard something while I was swinging on my playset by myself. Claire was busy, and Ruffles was lying in the grass, looking quite comfortable. I was thinking about the boy. Tom. I know that sounds crazy, but I was. I was three at the time, but now I am seven. It was the first memory that I could acquire since your basically brain wiped it feels like at some point.

"Y/N?" I heard the voice again. This time a little louder. I hopped off the swing and headed to where the sound resonated.

A hand appeared from the bush, and I fell backward. It scared me. Then a person emerged from the shrub. It was a boy, and he looked oddly familiar.

"Oh goodness," He reached his hand out. "I'm sorry." Déjà vu?

"Uh, it's okay." My crown was tilted a bit, and when I went to fix it, his hands were already there to do it for me.

"There."

"Oh, um, thank you." I was confused. This has happened before. "Do I know you?" I needed to know.

"Well, yes, you do. I'm your friend." He smiled.

"Tom?" I asked, hopefully.

"Yeah." He scratched the back of his neck.

"You came back!" I leaped into his arms.

"Of course, I came back. I had to. I was determined to see you again. Even if it was the last thing, I did." He smiled into my shoulder.