two

wc: 2435

wc: 2435

You were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles, And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet," and I was crying on the staircase begging you, please, don't go.

{Y/N's POV}

We didn't know how long we had been out by the pond, but all we knew was that we were together and happy. The picnic basket was put up with the blanket inside. We laid in the grass, holding hands, and looking at all the scenery around us. He picked flowers out for me, and then we had fun together.

Just like any other day, we ended the day looking at the stars. We usually weren't out all day. Sometimes he would come to pick me up in the morning and have me home by lunch. Other times we would leave after the sun went down so we could look at the stars together.

Today, we were gone all day. I forgot about everything that wasn't us. I didn't want to think about the life that I would have to go back to sooner than later.

"Did you know that you are more beautiful than any of those stars up there?" Tom pointed to the sky while looking straight at me.

"Oh, really?" I joked with him. "Well, I guess I know now." I giggled.

"I guess you do." He laughed. He studied my features and looked like he wanted to say something but didn't know if he wanted to. "I want this to be our forever." He said quietly.

"I know me too." The mood had shifted. "But you know as long as my father is against the idea of us that we will never get this. We can appreciate it, make it last, but you know just as well as I do that this isn't going to be our forever." He brushed a stray piece of hair from my face behind my ear.

"You're right, but I don't want you to be right." He chuckled once.

"Sometimes, being right isn't always as fun as you think." I giggled. "Let's stop thinking and just live, okay? I don't want to think about the life that I'm going to be forced into." I rolled closer to him, not caring that my dress was getting a little bit dirtier by the second. I nestled into his chest while he wrapped me in his arms. It was all so warm. I knew this is where I'm supposed to be.

"Come on, let's do something." He sat up still holding onto me. I laughed as he tried to stand up while I was still in his embrace.

"Okay, okay, you can let me go." I insisted but he didn't give in.

"Nope, I'm going to do this. I'm going to stand up while holding you. Then I'm going to carry you to the water and throw you in." He laughs hysterically.

"NOOOOO!" I yelled squirming to get out of his hold. Thankfully I was successful.

"You're no fun." He gave me a pouty face.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. You love me." I replied to him.

"Well, you are correct there. You are the only one that I will ever love." He pulled me back to him while we were standing and he kissed my lips.