chapter 4: part two

The Moring of the ball had finally arrived. I started the day with maids scrubbing my body followed by a full-body mask. I then laid in a honey and milk bath to make my skin smooth and soft. It was meant to be a relaxing process but really....it was quite stressful. There was so much to do with so little time. Facemasks, other beauty prep and going over etiquettes one more time. All this had to be done in a time frame of eight hours and although this sounds like a lot, it really wasn't compared to how much we have to do. Lunch came around and I had an hour rest. I flopped on my bed and curled up in the sheets. I felt refreshed but exhausted at the same time. From now till when I must start preparing for the ball, we would be taking it a lot easier as if we continued at the current pace, I think I would only be able to last an hour at most. I grumbled while I tossed and turned. I just wanted the night to be here already, I can't wait to go to the ball. I've always dreamed of a day like this, perhaps I'll meet my true love there but that only happens in fairy tales. Though this debut is for young ladies, it's a national occasion so aristocrats are required to come so this means, for the sake of one's family reputation, the young ladies must be perfect. Elise enters my room carrying a try tray with a bowl on top. When she places it down on a table, a foul odour reaches my nose. I screw my face up at the hideous sight of whatever is in that bowl. It's a yellow green colour and has thick, clumpy texture

"if you make such a face, you'll have wrinkles before your twenty, mistress." She pulls the blankets off me and hurries me sit in front of what looks like vomit. Oh god, don't tell me I have to eat this.

"umm, what is that? Not food, right? Haha...." She looks at me with cold eyes.

"well, what else do you think it is? Now hurry, you must eat it all. It's a remedy to give you energy and strength." I shake my head

"very well, the hard way it is." Elise claps her hands and two maids who are on the buffer side, walk in. one grabs my shoulders while the other ties me up with rope. I'm then left tied up and helpless. I shake my head as she tries to feed me that stuff. Eventually, it ended up with one maid holding my head still and the other force feeding me. An experience I wish never happened. I felt sick afterwards. I thought it smelt bad but the taste. Oh my god, the taste. I can't even describe it nor will I. but let me say this, it was horribly and truly disgusting.

After finishing all the topics of etiquettes, it was time to get ready. Firstly, I put a coreset on. It was extremely tight around the waist and pushed my bosoms up, making them look even bigger. Though I really don't think it was needed, I'm naturally quite curvy (wink). Then, my hair was styled. My front bangs were pulled back into rose-shaped bun. Two pieces from underneath were then curled and sat on my shoulders. The rest of my hair was curled and left to hang. Pins with Dimond flowers were then added to my bun for a glamourous touch. The earrings that were chosen had a thin gold chain with a pearl that dangled at the end. After adding all the accessories, they did my makeup. It was simplistic and a more natural look, but a bit of shine and glitter was added to spice things up. I was a bit starstruck with what they had done. I had never dressed up so fancy before, it felt so different. Then finally, the time for the dress came. I had no clue what style or even what colour my dress was going to be. Elise tied a ribbon around my eyes so I couldn't see it until I was completely dressed. After a few minutes or so, I was walked over to the mirror. There, the ribbon was untied. The dress was gorgeous. The colours consisted of a pearly pink and purple. The dress sat off my shoulders and it was highly detailed with a floral pattern. There was a slit on the left side with pink frills sticking out. The shoes were also a matching pink with golden embroidery. I once again twirled around. It was so light and flowy, it truly made me feel like a princess.

"wow Elise!, it's so beautiful." I spin around the room and stop when I hear the door click. A smile spreads across my face. With both hands, I grab the edge of my dress and curtsey. I look back up to meet a pair of eyes gleaming with pride.

"You've truly inherited your mother's beauty." Father walks over and places his hand on top my head. I cheekily smile back up to him.

"Yes!, I'm very fortunate to have not inherited your looks." I poke my tongue out as he scoffs at my remark.

"Like father, like daughter." Elise sighs whilst watching us throw insults back and forth. Eventually we stop and father sits of the couch.

"Well, I can't believe your already seventeen. It feels like tomorrow you'll be getting married and then suddenly I'll have dozens of grandchildren." He sighs dramatically. I cringe at his remake.

"I don't think any woman wants a dozen children, and who knows I might be single forever."

"yeahhh, but knowing you, that won't happen."

"what's that supposed to mean, huh?"

"a little birdie once told me you've been quite the flirt or in their context, 'this girl has no shame!" His smirk pissed me off. But seriously, I wasn't that bad, was i? I would only whistle to boys of the neighbouring school, it's not like I ever did anything with them....

Knowing the Miss however, she probably came to that conclusion.

"hmph!" I turn my head in annoyance.

The gleaming lights of the castle reflect off the ponds surface. One deep breath, then the door is open. Another deep breath, and I grab the hand waiting for me. An even deeper breath and I step outside the carriage. The sound of music and laughter whirls through my ears. My eyes follow my ears, until I see towering windows with a golden light bursting outward with people in suits and gowns floating around with Champaign glasses in hands, it was parade of wealth and beauty. I placed a hand over my stomach, I felt uneasy not just because I've never been to a ball before but because this perfect little world was just a show, a façade. People smile and laugh but this is all just a mask, one dares not show their true colours in a den of lions who are all just waiting for you to slip up. Now I must put on a mask, I'll smile and laugh and talk of topics that bore me to death. This is a life of an aristocrat, it's nothing but a façade.

The echoes of my steps fill the halls, I then stop and take one last, final deep breath and clench my fists. The doors slowly open and the light starts to peek through until my whole body is devoured by it. I hear my name being announced and I step forward into the sea of eyes. the chatter stops and all was seemingly silent.

 This night will be a long one. 

Its time for the ball! I wonder whats about to happen! hehe

go back to the top for a sneak peak of the dress Anastasia is wearing. (I'll show the whole things in the next chapter ;D) 

sorry it took so long. I've been planning the plot line of this story( I had a rough idea when I started but I'm trying to figure out the events thats gonna happen.) I'm just worried that theres so much I want to put in this fanfic. yes, it's an izana x Oc but I've got of plot woven into it as well. I just don't want to drag on for too long. 

well anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!