Chapter 5: part one

Izana's POV:

The ball had finally begun. I was dressed in royal attire for the occasion. Normally I wouldn't bother hanging around at these types of events. A mere appearance would be enough and then I would go back to working. But tonight, that won't be the case. Instead, I must look for suitable candidates for marriage. Factors such as appearance, ability and family backing are the most important things for a prospective queen. However, a woman to thirsty for power or weak would be considered a bad monarch. I must be careful when it comes to choosing my future wife.

The night had already left me feeling exhausted. person after person it was. All after one thing, with one goal in mind; To get their daughters in a position of a considerable candidate. It's pointless anyway, I already have a suitable lady in mind.

"it's been awhile your highness." a familiar voice comes from behind me. It was lady Haki. She's dignified, kind and capable, she would make a perfect queen.

"I'm surprised you're here. I known you hate things like this, even more then I do."

"well, this ball is important, is it not?" she looks me in the eyes and smiles with a faint chuckle. She's not only capable but also very beautiful....

"your highness, how about we talk outside where its quieter?"  I look around and realise how many people were watching us.

"ha. I see what you mean." I offer her my hand and she lightly placed hers on top. We begin to walk outside until the once bustling room grows quiet, and then a certain name that caught my attention was called

"debutante, Anastasia De Morée, daughter of the Duke Francis and the late duchess Belle. Escorted by her father, Duke Francis"

The music was still playing but the chatter was quiet, they were all waiting for one thing, and that was to see the mysterious daughter of the duke who had not existed to them only weeks ago.

Ana POV:

For a split second, everything was so quiet. I could feel people's gazes piercing into me the moment I entered. I stood at the top of the staircase, behind the rest of the young girls whom are now of age. I squeeze my father's arm as the intimidating stares and whispers are starting to make me feel anxious.

"don't be so worried darling, everyone's just so curious about you...but don't let them see you so nervous, they'll pounce on you like a tiger after examining its pray. Keep your head high and show them no fear, that is the only way for you to survive in this den of lions." Fathers words seeped into me, I held my head high but still...this sickening feeling in my stomach wouldn't go away.

slowly everyone started to descend from the staircase. we all stood in a line and facing us young gentlemen. the music stoped for a second but started up again, which signalled the start of the debutante ball. I lifted my right hand up to meet with my partners, with a small gap and my left arm placed behind my back. we spun and changed partners which occurred numerous times. once the music finally stopped all the other young ladies left accept me and four others. we were the highest form of nobility in Clarines, so following tradition we would have a seperate dance.

I was already feeling rather exhausted from the previous one and defiantly didn't feel like dancing again. I look down at my dress and realise its sitting rather funny so I pat it down and adjust it a bit. I notice a pair of navy shoes step into my vision. this must be the young gentlemen who'll be my partner for this dance. I then look up and meet with two glistening, blue eyes. I was stuck in a trance, unable to look away. he then offers me his hand, I lightly place my hand onto his whilst still maintaining eye contact. he then chuckles which snaps me out of it. I blush once realising how long I was staring at him for.

"well, would you like to have this dance with me, lady Anastasia?"

oh my gosh guys I'm so sorry >.<

I haven't updated in ages! hopefully the next chapter won't take anywhere near as long!