The Happy Ending

Note1: There's no Supremacy Dreadnought in this story, Snoke lives in the Starkiller Base. And Chelidaes look like turtles (if you watch Resistance you know who they are, they are the maintenance workers in the Colossus), you'll need to know this to understand a joke in this chapter.

_____________________________________________

36 weeks pregnant

From now on, Sara's baby could come any day. Doctor Jenna was on alert as was Maz. Sara spent her days walking, eating, talking to baby Anakin and sleeping. Maz had helped her find some people to work on the farm after her thirty-second week, for it had become dangerous for Sara to work around the larger animals and it was also difficult for her to bend down to tend the vegetables garden.

_____________________________________________

It had been nearly two weeks since Leia'd last visited Sara, but she called every two or three days to check on her and the baby. Early one morning, Leia called to tell Sara the Resistance was finally getting close to invading the infamous Starkiller Base.

"We think Ben is there, in that Base, with Snoke." Said Leia.

"What will you do about him?" asked Sara, concerned.

"If what you believe is true and he hasn't gone dark, then he had a reason to be there. So I've given orders for him to be taken prisoner, then I'll interrogate him."

Sara was glad to hear that, only she couldn't help but feel guilty she wasn't able to do anything to help. "I wish I could go with you, do something...."

"Rest and worry about baby Anakin for now, dear. Soon this will be over and we'll all be together."

_____________________________________________

Two days after she'd talked to Leia, Sara woke up from her after-lunch nap to the sound of tie fighters and x-wings shooting against one another. She took her lightsaber and ran outside, standing in her porch looking at the terrible battle that had suddenly reached the peaceful planet. She wanted to do something, but with her large belly, and the current lack of balance it gave her, she knew it would be difficult for her to fight.

Her phone rang, it was Maz.

"What's happe...?" Sara began but was interrupted: "Hide, Sara!" Maz shouted. "They're looking for a Jedi! I think they've come for you!"

And the connection was lost in the exact moment that Sara saw, and heard, a big explosion coming from the direction of the Castle.

"No!" she exclaimed, looking at a huge amount of smoke that rose up to the sky. Thinking of her options, Sara realized there was only one way she could be of assistance; she called the Force for help and jumped into her landspeeder, driving fast to the Castle. And the closer she got, worse it looked: there were already a lot of corpses on the ground, some broken ships, tie-fighters and x-wings, were smoking and burning too; the smell of blood reached Sara's nose with such intensity that she had to fight the nausea that threatened to make her throw up.

And beyond the terrible mess of a battle, in the distance, she could see Maz's Castle – partially collapsed. She parked the speeder and jumped out, calling the Force for physical balance, her lightsaber ignited. A group of troopers immediately ran towards her, but she killed them as fast as she could.

"Sara!" she heard Han Solo calling her name. "Hide! They're here looking for you!"

"So I've heard!" she slaughtered many more troopers and reached him. "But why would they be looking for me? How could they possibly know about me?"