Chapter Fifty-Two: Sweeper-keeper

A few days later, Mark was back to his old self. He hadn't talked to Thomas since, besides a few texts, and he was starting to miss him. Thomas's summer camp schedule would make it harder for them to spend the summer together. And on top of that, Mark's parents had planned this amazing trip to Malta for two weeks. They had gone to the same island before and so Mark was partially looking forward to it.

"Sam said she'd meet us there. How come Thomas isn't coming along?" Reese asked, leaning back so that Mark could work on him better.

"He said something about having practice and his agent and being busy," Mark replied squinting at the design. "I don't like it. Wait," he muttered and stood up from Reese's lap.

They were sat on the bed with all kinds of eye shadows and body paints next to them. Reaching over on his desk, Mark grabbed a cleaning wipe and took off the rainbow he had drawn on Reese's cheek.

"I'm just going to use the body paints and some glitter," Mark said and sat back on top of Reese's lap.

"Whatever you think is best, man," Reese replied.

About fifteen minutes later he was done with Reese and was working on his own look. He used the same body paints to make colorful tears seem to roll down his cheeks.

"Too much?" he asked Reese, showing off his look with an extravagant movement of his hands. Reese rose an eyebrow for him.

"As long as you don't have a dildo in your mouth, nothing is too much for you," Reese replied and pulled Mark along.

"Have fun at Pride!" Mark's mother called after them as she saw the two boys about to leave.

"Be careful," Sean McGregor added from the library.

***

"Mark?" Thomas said at the phone, almost certain that Mark hadn't heard him the first two times.

"Sorry, it's really loud here," Mark said from the other side of the line. Thomas needn't be told that, considering the blaring music that was covering up Mark's voice.

"Where are you?"

"At a party... at the fifth party," Mark yelled back.

"Fifth?"

"I really can't talk -" the line was cut for a moment and Thomas struggled to hear Mark over the noise- "...about tomorrow?"

"What?" Thomas asked, raising his voice more. Remembering where he was, he walked out of the changing rooms, as he received multiple glares.

"Wanna meet up tomorrow? Maybe for a late breakfast?" Mark said.

"Okay, yeah... we'll meet tomorrow..." Thomas muttered as he was hanging up, aware that Mark hadn't heard him.

"Who was that?" a guy asked coming up from behind Thomas.

"A friend," Thomas replied and ran his eyes over the guy. He was just a little taller than Thomas –like most people-, and he had curly auburn hair. He was skinny and if Thomas hadn't seen him at training he would have guessed the guy was a nerd. Though, on second thought, Thomas figured he could be both.

"Ah, a friend..." the guy said, raising his eyebrows. "I'm Ronnie," he introduced himself and extended his hand towards Thomas.

"I'm –"

"Thomas Heissmann, I know," Ronnie replied with a wide grin. "I think everyone knows," he added with an awkward chuckle.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Thomas asked, not intending to sound as defensive as he had.