Coffee Shop

"Good morning, Beau, just the usual?" Mitch asked with a smile as he started putting in Beau's order to the iPad. Beau nodded and pushed his coffee loyalty card over.

Mitch picked it up and looked back up at Beau, "You got a freebie today! Do you want anything else?"

Beau shrugged and moved to look at the displays of cakes and slices next to the main counter. Mitch watched him with careful eyes and tapped away at the iPad when Beau asked to get a warm blueberry muffin.

Mitch nodded and looked up at Beau with a shy smile, "That'll be four dollars fifty."

Beau nodded and moved to open his wallet, passing over a five-dollar note, "Keep the change."

Mitch nodded and placed the money into the till, closing it and moving around to start on the coffee, allowing the junior staff he had hired to heat the blueberry muffin themselves.

Don't get me wrong, they could also make the coffee, but Mitch always made sure to be the one that made Beau's coffee, knowing he liked it when Mitch made his coffee.

Mitch quickly finished making the coffee and pushed it forward on the counter, calling out to one of the junior staff to run the coffee, "Coffee to run!"

Taylor quickly ran to take the coffee from the counter and place it gently on Beau's table, with a soft "Here is your coffee, sir."

Beau smiled at Taylor and looked over at Mitch, who was making another coffee. Mitch looked around the cafe he owned. It was only small, but it was quite busy, due to the area it was in. It was on the corner of the main street, and had many shops around it, along with a small shopping centre around the back of it. 

It was normally the busiest on weekends, and weekdays were the times where changes to the cafe and most of the cleaning gets done. Since it was a weekday, there was only a couple other people around the cafe, a small family, an elderly couple and Beau.

Since there were no more coffee orders, Mitch made himself a coffee and walked with his mug over to sit with Beau. He placed his mug gently on the table and sat across from the green-eyed beauty.

Beau looked up at him and gave him a small smile and ripped out a chunk of the blueberry muffin and shoved it in his mouth. Mitch laughed loudly and rolled his eyes, used to Beau's silly attitude and fun way of thinking.

Beau winked at Mitch, who was trying to take a sip of his coffee. This ended in Mitch spitting his coffee back into his cup and laughing loudly, Beau following his with his laughter soon after.

Taylor watched the two with a small smile, and got the attention of another junior staff member, poking at their back until they looked. They both cooed at the sight of their boss, who was usually all-business, act like a total teenager.

The two calmed down eventually, with Mitch sighing loudly for the loudness he had caused in his own cafe, that he knew would annoy the customers. Beau smiled gently at Mitch, took another sip of his coffee and nodded, "Good coffee."

Mitch blushed and thanked him quietly, taking a sip of his coffee to stop himself from saying anything. Beau smiled and watched the small Italian, finding it hard to take his eyes off the beauty sitting in front of him.

Beau ripped off another chunk of his muffin, and quickly ate it, it was slowly going cold, and he didn't want to put it to waste. Mitch watched him do this, as he ripped off small chunks of muffin, ate it and then took a sip of his coffee.

After a while, Mitch just looked Beau in the eyes and gave him a confused look, "It's getting cold isn't it?"

Beau looked down and nodded, which made Mitch chuckle. Mitch stood from his seat, grabbed the plate and went back behind the counter to heat the muffin, setting it in the microwave for 30 seconds.