Celebrity (p.3)

He stood with such confidence, with his head held high sporting a large grin. Black skin-tight jeans ran up his long legs, showing off his calf and thigh muscles. A black t-shirt was carelessly thrown on with a blue, gold and red Gucci sequin bomber over it.

All eyes were on him, and he acted as nothing happened. Nobody could take their eyes off him, almost like they were all in a trance.

A few people broke off the trance, two of them were the teenage girls. One screamed loudly while the other just covered her mouth with her hand. Scott laughed loudly, clapping his hands together and squinting his eyes. His laugh broke everyone else out of the trance and a couple other people chuckled, making the girls blush deeply.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the small crowd in the room had left, Scott immediately felt bad. His two high school best friends - the ones who made him the happiest man alive - were there to see him and he didn't even recognise them.

He walked into his dressing room and sat down on the small leather couch. He rubbed his face with his hands, something he started doing when he was stressed or annoyed. Tears gathered in his eyes as he realised what he had done. They had to of recognised him right? He looked basically the same as he did when he left school, unlike Kirstie and Mitch who had matured over time into beautiful people. How did he not recognise the two?

Nicole walked into the room to see Scott with his head in his hands, his body posture slumped over and a small frown placed on his lips.  She placed her hand on her shoulder, Scott moving back to sitting up normally almost instantly. He took a shaky breath and walked over to the makeup and hair room. Nicole quickly messaged Esther, getting worried for her usually happy friend.

As soon as Esther got the message stating that Scott was acting strange, she ran to the hair and makeup area. She could tell that something had happened that caused his sudden attitude. Not a lot of things would lower his mood this much, so whatever had happened must've really shaken him up.

Esther ran in front of Scott and grabbed his hands as quickly as she could. He looked up at her slowly with tears on the verge of falling, "I fucked up Esther."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So I have something to do really quickly. This is a Texas special for Y'all." Scott says with a smile, looking over to Esther and nodding to her.

"So I need two special people to come onstage and help me," Scott says as he looks at the crowd, laughing at the groups of screaming teenage girls reaching out for him. He quickly lowers down and high fives as many as he can, while also looking around the arena. Esther had told him earlier that the meet and greet winners would all be in the front row, so Scott scanned his eyes along the row and grinned at them all.

"Um, I need a boy and a girl," Scott says trying to get the attention of the two in the front row.  Scott quickly looked to the middle of the front row and locked his eyes on Mitch and Kirstie, "how about you two?"

Mitch looks at Kirstie uneasily. He's already anxious about being at a concert, let alone going on the stage. He had lost all his confidence on stage years ago, too scared to try to go back on. He looks up and shakes his head at Scott, who demands that they come up anyway.

Scott's security helped them, taking them to the stairs and bringing them onstage. He rushes to sit them down in two chairs opposite from him, all three tilted to see the crowd. Esther walks on stage and gives them a microphone each, as well as a pair of headphones connected to the sound system so they could hear everything properly.