Chapter 41

August A.

"Lord have mercy." I mumbled as I watched Mal come into the living room of our hotel. I don't know how I got so lucky to be blessed with a woman like her.

"You ready?" She asked looking up at me.

"Yea. You look nice." I said

"Thanks." She said.

Today was her last day in Cali, so we were going out to eat with Kayla since she's been dying to meet up with Malorie.

"You don't seem excited to meet up with your cousin." I said as we walked to the elevator.

"I just don't understand what she wants to talk to me for? We barely talked as children." She said walking into the elevator with me behind her.

"Yea. But maybe she wants to spark a relationship." I said.

"Maybe." She shrugged.

My eyes scanned her body and I had to stop my bad thoughts. She was just so damn bad.

"Bae, don't wear that when I'm not around you." I said.

"What's wrong with it?" She asked looking down at her clothes.

"Nothing, Nothing at all. It just really works on you. I don't need no nigga staring at you and all that." I said .

She laughed and nodded. I was serious tho.

We got off the elevator and exited the hotel through the back to stay lowkey. We got into my rental Audi before pulling off towards the restaurant we're supposed to be meeting Kayla at.

"What you writing?" I asked.

"A song for Chris's album." She replied.

"Called?"

"Drown in it." She said. I smirked a little.

"Sing me a few verses." I said.

"I can see a million wayss, for me to surfboard between your waist, we be going up down all around, drip drop, don't stop ,no umbrella, playing in your rain, splashing in your deep end, high draping , oh baby, come sit that right on my faceeee, I wanna drown in it , drown in it, " She sung.

My mouth dropped as stopped at a stop sign.

"'Mal, where you learn that kinda freak shit from?" I asked.

She looked at me and we both laughed.

"I guess I can be kind of a bad influence." I said." You gone write me a song like that?" I asked.

"If that's what you want baby." She said looking over at me.

"How about I demonstrate on you what the song should say?" I asked.

"That'll work." She smirk.

"You so nasty girl." I laughed.

"I get if from my daddy." She said looking over at me with a smirk.

"Don't make me pull over and fuck you in this backseat Mal." I said.

"Nope, we gotta meet up with Kayla." She said.

"That's the only reason." I laughed.

"I'm almost 2 months. It's doesn't even seem like it." She smiled looking down at her small belly.

"You don't even look pregnant, you gotta squint to see the baby bump." I said. "I can't wait to see you at 7 months waddling around the house. That shit gone be funny and cute as hell."