Torn

I eventually got his number from Marissa within minutes. Turns out Marissa is extremely soft-hearted. I called him the moment I got his number. It'd be very inaccurate to say the conversation was smooth, and it'd be even more inaccurate to say the the conversation wasn't awkward. I punched in the numbers that Marissa gave me, and pressed my phone against my ear. I didn't exactly think about what to say. All I wanted was an explanation from Brian.  I made sure to stay locked in my room so my parents wouldn't hear.

"Hello?" Brian answered. I was taken by surprise.  His voice sounded really soothing over the phone.  It was...weird.

"Hey, Brian?  It's Serena." I told him.

"Serena...? I don't know a Serena," was his idiotic reply.

I was already getting annoyed with his stupidity.

"The girl who saved you, dumb ass."

"Saved me?" He started murmuring incoherent words. "Right!  How'd you even get this number? Are you stalking me? I know I'm hot stuff, but please, no paparazzi," he said smugly.  How I wanted to punch him in the face right now.  Who did he think he was?  Frankly, I could've left him to die in that hell hole.

"Did you happen to be out at night venturing the streets dressed in black and did you happen to break into my house?  Did you also take a picture of me, get stuck in a window sill, and fall two floors on to the grass?"

"Whoa, damn girl, slow down.  Uhm, no I didn't happen to be out at night doing whatever crap you were saying...  If I may ask, why the hell do you want to know?"

"Because someone who had the same color eyes as you broke into my house, took a picture of me, and ran away with a injury to his arm," I replied as if it was obvious.

"Right...  Well, how do you even know the exact color of my eyes?" I could practically see him smirking on the other end of the line.  How embarrassing.

"Uhm...I-I, well I," I was flustered.  How could you tell someone you were staring at their eyes during the middle of an interrogation without sounding like a complete creeper?  Obvious answer: you can't.

"I have a twin.  Let's just leave it at that."

Lies.

"Right...." I replied skeptically.  A twin brother would be too convenient for Brian, especially in this situation.

"Hey, if you don't want to believe me, whatever."  He hung up.  I gasped, appalled. 

Did he actually have the gall to hang up on me?  How could he pull such a lame excuse on me?  He should've known I was smart and not gullible.  I let out a groan and punched the wall next to me. Someone was going to die.

Ugh. I really need to stop punching holes in the walls.

 ------------------------------

>:P